Question If a motherboard damages other components what will be the symptoms as a result of that?

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Hi, if a motherboard is damaged and damages other components what would be the resulting symptoms

like the cpu, gpu & ram

Reason i'm asking if because i just replaced my gpu & cpu after my old ones were damaged by my old psu causing choppy, sluggish framerates in any area that needs to render in games, now the motherboard i'm using only got hooked up to that old psu for 5 minutes + it's a asus prime b450 plus which has overvoltage protection, my current setup in games still has the feeling of areas being fluid and smooth and others being slower and more v-sync like.

I've got no idea if that's normal or not, my gut says it's not but i've replaced my gpu & cpu, psu's voltages are alright, only thing's not replaced are motherboard & ram

also the motherboard has no bad beep codes, bad symptoms or anything out of the ordinary, i'm a little paranoid that this motherboard might have damaged my gpu & cpu

what do you guys think?

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Choppy performance is not a symptom of bad MB, mostly just because improper setup, drivers etc.

The choppy performance is gone, it was caused by both my old cpu & gpu, only thing left is areas feeling more slow and a little bit sluggish/vsync-like (no vsync is not on)

the mobo was hooked up to a bad psu a while ago for 5 minutes, and if it was damaged then it could also damage the current parts i put into it, therefor the issue

what do you think?

They could simply have become faulty themselves, without PSU causing it. Only telling you about my past experience, a bad or failing PSU killed the GPU stone dead on 3 different systems. Didn't just damage it, killed it.
I've since learned never to let a PSU anywhere near my systems unless it's a top-tier Seasonic or Corsair.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
They could simply have become faulty themselves, without PSU causing it. Only telling you about my past experience, a bad or failing PSU killed the GPU stone dead on 3 different systems. Didn't just damage it, killed it.
I've since learned never to let a PSU anywhere near my systems unless it's a top-tier Seasonic or Corsair.

Do you in all your personal experience think that my motherboard was damaged at all from my psu and is causing damage to my cpu & gpu, cause i've got no idea

i mean it's got no bad symptoms, no bad beep codes, no visual damage, nothing indicating that it is indeed broken, last i checked if a motherboard is damaged by a psu, then usually it dosen't control voltages very well and under-volts or over-volts components either frying them or damaging them causing symptoms, dosen't make much logical sense.