[SOLVED] If CPU has 4 cores, does it use all cores for videoediting?

Solution
this is what the videoeditor told me, but I dont understand it, can you understand it?:

"The larger your project, the more cores the editor uses.

Everything depends on the project. For example, the program can utilize only 25% GPU and 25% CPU, it means that there is nothing left to load in the project.

If you have one object in the scene, the program uses only one thread - the average load of the processor is 1/4 or 1/8, depending on how many cores you have. If it is 25% - then most likely there are 4 threads.

The Pro version of the editor can use all the cores and there is no limit, more cores should benefit larger projects.
"
The limitation might be disk I/O. If data can't get to and from the CPU cores, then the...

tzuzu100

Reputable
Feb 2, 2019
this is what the videoeditor told me, but I dont understand it, can you understand it?:

Everything depends on the project. For example, the program can utilize only 25% GPU and 25% CPU, it means that there is nothing left to load in the project.

If you have one object in the scene, the program uses only one thread - the average load of the processor is 1/4 or 1/8, depending on how many cores you have. If it is 25% - then most likely there are 4 threads.

The Pro version of the editor can use all the cores and there is no limit, more cores should benefit larger projects.
"

kanewolf

Titan

"
The limitation might be disk I/O. If data can't get to and from the CPU cores, then the scheduling part of the video editing software migh cut back the CPU resources used. Or, based on frame sizes, the software may determine that only 2 cores are most efficient. That would be prewritten into the code.

Solution