[SOLVED] iGPU system <= 600 CAD

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I plan to soon sell my current system beside its GPU (since everything but it was dated), and luckily it has an iGPU. I was recommended a system which CPU doesn't have integrated graphics, which multiple people seem to agree (the recommendation; I don't want to share what it is ATM). I need everything but the GPU (nor case nor peripheral nor monitor) and my budget is 600 CAD (at the time of posting = 418.73 USD = 389.35 €), and in case I later want to sell it any still keep the GPU, for it to have integrated graphics.

The system normal use is gaming, but the iGPU just has to do basic things; playing a 4K Youtube video is enough.

Thank you kindly

Last edited:
Solution
Here's a build with an ATX board that's close to your budget. You could get a better CPU but it would sacrifice quality of the rest of the build. You could use a cheaper mATX board and smaller storage to get a 3400G CPU but that's up to you. Whatever you do, don't get a cheap power supply.
PcPartpicker Canada
I'm not sure I completely understand - you know the iGPU is integrated in the CPU, right?

I'm a bit confused, it sounds as if you are referring to it as a individual part, like a discrete GPU.

I just want to make sure, are you planning on selling the CPU with the integrated GPU, or is the only part you want to keep for now, until an upcomming upgrade?

I'm sorry for asking, I may just be reading it all wrong

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Let's start with my short term future: Everything but the GPU of my current system will be sold. Luckily what's to be sold can handle graphics on it's own, I don't know how it works it just does; so it must be either the CPU, mobo, memory, PSU, storage, or the combination of. These are all old parts, actually they were bought in 2016. What's to be kept, that is--not--sold, is the GPU, which was bought in 2020. I really hope that was clear.

I'm now planning for the future. Say we're in 2022. I'm about to sell the system, which everything was bought in 2020. I want to keep the 2020 GPU, and sell the rest. Now if what's to be sold can handle the graphics on it's own, I don't have to buy a replacement GPU to make the sale. Perhaps this paragraph was clear.

Considering all the former and the budget in the OP (and subject), I'd like parts suggestion.

Last edited:
I plan to soon sell my current system beside its GPU (since everything but it was dated), and luckily it has an iGPU. I was recommended a system which CPU doesn't have integrated graphics, which multiple people seem to agree (the recommendation; I don't want to share what it is ATM). I need everything but the GPU (nor case nor peripheral nor monitor) and my budget is 600 CAD (at the time of posting = 418.73 USD = 389.35 €), and in case I later want to sell it any still keep the GPU, for it to have integrated graphics.

The system normal use is gaming, but the iGPU just has to do basic things; playing a 4K Youtube video is enough.

Thank you kindly
Need to know what the GPU is in order to pick a power supply and what the case is to know what size motherboard will fit and if the GPU will fit.

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I'm not sure of the dimensions but it has 4 large drives bay (ie: for media). I think that's called a medium tower. There's an μATX in there and there's ~3" left on the bottom and toward the front.

what the case is to know what size motherboard will fit and if the GPU will fit.
I either did not see that, or assumed you meant case as in situation or condition; I should have picked up on the rest of the quote, sorry.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the dimensions but it has 4 large drives bay (ie: for media). I think that's called a medium tower. There's an μATX in there and there's ~3" left on the bottom and toward the front.

I either did not see that, or assumed you meant case as in situation or condition; I should have picked up on the rest of the quote, sorry.
No problem. Chassis would've been a better term for me to use. If you don't have the brand and model info, you can count slots on the back. A micro-ATX has 4 expansion slots and a mid tower has 7 and a full tower may have 10.

Last edited:

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Oh! When the graphics is handled externally (GPU), is the graphics part of the 3200/3400G contributing toward normal processing (CPU), or is it simply inactive (lay dormant) ? If so, I'm assuming it's similar to when GPUs are used for processing-intensive tasks (ie: data mining).

Update 1:
I made the spreadsheet UserBenchmark-3600,3400G&_3200G_comparison-200323 - Google Feuilles de calcul to compare the 3 and the most important is what's at its bottom-right, which shows the bang for the buck from my calculations (which might be wrong) for the current cheapest of amazon.ca, newegg.ca & vuugo.com . Compared to 3200G, 3600 is at 62.14%, but 102.93% from 3400G. Compared to 3200G, 3400G is at 60.24%. If the UserBenchmark performance results are accurate, this let me know that value-wise, the 3200G is the clear winner, and that since 3400G & 3600 are so close in price that if a Canadian (since the sites are for them) doesn't care about iGPU, that the latter is better.
I kind of wish I could put 2 3200G on a mobo for my RX 590.

Last edited: