IKEA's Uppleva TV Hits Europe, Receives First Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Ikea furniture and home decor stuff is not bad, if you are on a budget; but guys... stick to pine trees and leave the electronics to those who know a bit more about them than you do.
You don't see Nokia offering a self-assemble phone with a wooden case, do you ?

Then again, Nokia may be working on just that of course :)

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
The 1000 bux only gets you the 24 incher that is the starting price

46 will probably be 5-700 more,,, honestly my home system doesn't show off any wires (components in the basement while tv and speakers hang on wall in livingroom above) - only cost me a fraction of that.

even at most furniture stores you can find an entertainment stand that can hide all the wires for like 600, add a home theater in a box at 400 dollars (this would be a 5.1 solution, not the 2.1 IKEA gives you) and a tv of your liking (even up to 60 inches or more) will be a better solution.

the only difference will be is the 2 speakers sitting behind/beside your couch for the surround sound

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Come to think of it, Nokia will offer the Nokia-Pine as the entry level model and the high end Polished Brazilian Hardwood version with Ivory buttons for those who like to impress and don't care about the rain forest being chopped up a bit more ;-)

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Come to think of it, Nokia will offer the Nokia-Pine as the entry level model and the high end Polished Brazilian Hardwood version with Ivory buttons for those who like to impress and don't care about the rain forest being chopped up a bit more ;-)[/citation]
lol

G

It's important to hear about the bad stuff, but why not mention the good stuff at all? According to M3, the sound system and speakers where surprisingly good. An IKEA sound system might not be for me, but at least I could recommend it to others, as long as they get another TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.