Question I'm facing an annoying problem

rakeshbro

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2013
Whenever I turn on/off my ceiling fan my pc goes into sleep mode or try to shutting down...
I've tested switching on/off my ceiling fan multiple times and sometimes my pc opens a new tab on chrome/mute volume/opens "This Pc" or do some random stuffs.
I've a Seasonic 520 watt PSU on my pc plus a 1200va Maxgreen Ups.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Pradz Kindmeadows

Reputable
Mar 21, 2016
Check the voltage and amperage in you house using a voltage tester when turning on and off your ceiling fan, the fan might drawing to much current or cause voltage spike that affects the ups and voltage. Better also check the ups and voltage by using amperage meter between the wall outlet and ups, and the ups and pc. This would tell you if there sudden spike or drop in voltage and ampere. Also please check you psu because sudden spike and drop in voltage and ampere can pop a capacitor inside your psu which can possible damage every components attach to it.

Reactions: rakeshbro

rakeshbro

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2013
Check the voltage and amperage in you house using a voltage tester when turning on and off your ceiling fan, the fan might drawing to much current or cause voltage spike that affects the ups and voltage. Better also check the ups and voltage by using amperage meter between the wall outlet and ups, and the ups and pc. This would tell you if there sudden spike or drop in voltage and ampere. Also please check you psu because sudden spike and drop in voltage and ampere can pop a capacitor inside your psu which can possible damage every components attach to it.
I've a multimeter, I'll take help from my (telecommunication engineer) brother.
btw what to do if it is voltage problem? (last year we installed a ups inventer in our house)
and the psu and ups are just 2-4 months old.
Also in the ups package it's mentioned that it has voltage stabilization :/

Last edited:

Pradz Kindmeadows

Reputable
Mar 21, 2016
The ups inventer which I prefer to call it as an electronic power factor corrector adjust the power supplied to the demand on the units connected to it when there is a mismatch tendency it will produce flickering or clicking sound. And thanks for mentioning it since it actually protects your pc but just to be check if it keep switching from ac supply and battery usually you notice a flickering or clicking sound as relay switch inside the ups switches from battery to ac supply. This clicking sound will only happened when there is low voltage supply to the ups. The ups also has on common problem and that is its battery. As battery tend to deteriorate when its constantly switch from being charge and drained so check the battery for it condition. Better seeking a professional to check your wiring just to be safe.

TRENDING THREADS