Question I'm having artifacts (3060 TI MSI 8gb 2fan)

Aug 12, 2023
I've started experiencing artifacts some days ago and i started panicking my GPU is dying, i bought it on 24th or 25th december last year so it is not old.

The thing is, i only see artifacts wwhile watching youtube videos, i tried to hard focus while doing other stuff but i never see any weird thing, I've also noticed they happen while i have the ambient mode (the smooth lighting surrounding the video) on.
I ran FurMak today and no issues, i scored 10k points with a max of 74 celsius, all normal.
I also tried looking if it was a decoder problem (i dont know anything about it, but read an article saying someone fixed that by downloading the av1 extension), didnt work.
I also tried running MATS MODs but i don't know if i installed it properly, the first test that i could barely run said something about 4 vram modules with errors (two with 62, and two with 74). Also read that depending on the version it can vary, but couldnt manage it to work anymore with any other version and i don;t know what i am doing wrong.

I've tried to see if it was a monitor thing which i doubt, i have a secondary one that is 1360x768 60hz and cant perceive any artifacts, but with the main one setting it to 120hz (it is a vg248 165hz) and lower i also can't see artifacts so it may be due to them being too quick to see them.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: screenshots of a recording with OBS

Last edited:
If you did run MATS properly, you might have a faulty memory controller line, four memory ICs do not go bad at the same time unless you mined with or overclocked the card... what is your command string, and what version is in use? You can try Afterburner with artifact scanner option just to see what it spits out.
However, your story suggests that you simply have a bad monitor cable, due to the fact that the lower refresh monitor works fine.

Just based on your description this doesn't sound like a hardware issue at all. It's likely software related or potentially something going on with the display cable. It's not really clear whether or not you only had the issues when running 165hz and dropping to 120hz resolved it or if you normally run at a lower refresh.

Aug 12, 2023
Just based on your description this doesn't sound like a hardware issue at all. It's likely software related or potentially something going on with the display cable. It's not really clear whether or not you only had the issues when running 165hz and dropping to 120hz resolved it or if you normally run at a lower refresh.
Yeah sorry about that, havent written something in english for a while.

Basically what i tried to say was, my main monitor is a VG248GQ from Asus that runs 165 hz (the refresh rate that i always use of course), but i trying to discard any possibilities i thought of the issue being a monitor thing, so i tried to replicate the problem in my older monitor (second one, LG E1940T 60hz), but havent noticed anything.
So i tried lowering my main monitors refresh rate to see if it had something to do and didnt notice any artifacts with 120 hertz (or maybe didnt pay enough atention or didnt test for long enough)

Aug 12, 2023
If you did run MATS properly, you might have a faulty memory controller line, four memory ICs do not go bad at the same time unless you mined with or overclocked the card... what is your command string, and what version is in use? You can try Afterburner with artifact scanner option just to see what it spits out.
However, your story suggests that you simply have a bad monitor cable, due to the fact that the lower refresh monitor works fine.

Thanks for your reply.
I found the artifact scanner and got 0/0, i tested for some minutes and everything fine.

I dont think i ran MATS properly though, as i said only 1 test was able to run i think and it lasted like a minute or less i cant remember. Never mined with the GPU it is like 8 months old only, i think the version i used was the 376 with the 400 update, i dont know about the command string, i just booted and io saw a lot of commands saying errors of some kind and then my screen went white, and then saw the "tests" that were supposed to run.

As in the report.txt that i already deleted i saw four rows with errors as i mentioned.

I will try to install it properly and run it again.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.
I found the artifact scanner and got 0/0, i tested for some minutes and everything fine.

I dont think i ran MATS properly though, as i said only 1 test was able to run i think and it lasted like a minute or less i cant remember. Never mined with the GPU it is like 8 months old only, i think the version i used was the 376 with the 400 update, i dont know about the command string, i just booted and io saw a lot of commands saying errors of some kind and then my screen went white, and then saw the "tests" that were supposed to run.

As in the report.txt that i already deleted i saw four rows with errors as i mentioned.

I will try to install it properly and run it again.
The version you need is 455.x
Yeah sorry about that, havent written something in english for a while.

Basically what i tried to say was, my main monitor is a VG248GQ from Asus that runs 165 hz (the refresh rate that i always use of course), but i trying to discard any possibilities i thought of the issue being a monitor thing, so i tried to replicate the problem in my older monitor (second one, LG E1940T 60hz), but havent noticed anything.
So i tried lowering my main monitors refresh rate to see if it had something to do and didnt notice any artifacts with 120 hertz (or maybe didnt pay enough atention or didnt test for long enough)
I'd suggest trying a different cable for your primary screen if it's not too big a hassle just to rule that out.