[SOLVED] Im lost for what to try next and could use some help

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
So i've posted quite a few times about certain problems but i'm gonna sum them all up into one post. Sorry if this annoys some people.

So i have a fairly good spec'd pc(below) and it should be more than capable of playing games at a higher quality. My main issue is anything remotely new or triple A, it seems that it wont run or stay running for very long. I just recently had to reinstall windows for a third time due to a hdd error and loosing the windows files, i also had upgraded my ram which no isn't in the system anymore due to the massive amount of memory management errors id get.

My main question is would you have any ideas or help as to maybe get me to be able to run games and keep them running for longer than 30 seconds for one game to 20 minutes in another? It only seems like its newer games. The games include Battlefield 5, Borderlands 3, space engineers.

I have all drivers updated to the most recent and bios is a tiny bit old but not bad(like 3 months or so) I am starting to be driven crazy because i no longer can play anything good on my system without either a crash or a whole windows reboot.

I really could use some help. Ive ran multiple tests and such for ram errors and nothing has come back, processor isnt overheating that im aware of, although thermal paste is the stock cooler stuff and has been on there for almost 2 years now.

Games that ive either tried to play or no longer can play due to the crashing:
Battlefield 5
Borderlands 2 and 3
Fallout 4
Space Engineers

Specs:
asrock ab350m pro 4 motherboard
ryzen 5 2400g processor
2x4gb ddr4 3200 ram from corsair
gtx 1060 6gb asus gpu
600b evga psu,
plenty of cooling
1 120gb ssd and 1 1tb hdd

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I used to crash consistently on games until I underclocked my GPU, and it started playing for a whole lot longer.
I'd recommend trying that?
Here's a small how-to if you need it: link

Dooktar

Prominent
Dec 23, 2019
I used to crash consistently on games until I underclocked my GPU, and it started playing for a whole lot longer.
I'd recommend trying that?
Here's a small how-to if you need it: link

Solution

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I have all drivers updated to the most recent and bios is a tiny bit old but not bad(like 3 months or so)
You remember what bios you had on the motherboard before updating? Can also look at the bioschip (fysical) on the motherboard.there will be a small sticker on it with the bios the motherboard came with,please let me know which one,might also be the one you updated from?