Question I'm not sure what the problem is anymore

Feb 20, 2019
So four months ago my motherboard died, or that's at least what I thought. I brought it to tech support and they said it was shorted. I had already tested it and was pretty confident it was the mb so that decided it. Moving on, earlier this month I bought a new mb among other things. It is a Gigabyte H110M-H. I straight up went to install it and when I booted it, I noticed it showed no image, both HDMI and VGA. I check and the monitor is not the problem. I'm confident it is not booting the BIOS because the speaker doesn't beep. I took it to Gigabyte's tech support and they said the mb is fine. So now I'm thinking either the processor or psu could be broken. I have been testing those three (w/o ram, even) over a paperboard. Coolers work, just no image and no beep. Any thoughts?
My processor is an Intel i7 7700 and my PSU is an EVGA 600b. Thanks in advance.
PS: Sorry if this isn't the right category.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
By now, any 100 series mobo produced should already have the latest bios revision, which would include the microcode needed for 7th gen. The only way I can see anything like a necessary bios update is if that mobo sat on the back shelf, buried under who knows what, for the last couple of years, forgotten until you asked for a cheap skylake mobo.

Normally the speaker will beep one really long beep, and you get a total black screen if the cpu isn't supported.

Just wondering, no gpu? Is one installed and not connected? Using the gpu or mobo video ports? Did you also change the monitor input when changing the hookup?

Feb 20, 2019
Thanks for the replies guys.
Just wondering, no gpu? Is one installed and not connected? Using the gpu or mobo video ports? Did you also change the monitor input when changing the hookup?
Will definetely try this again when I get back home, although I'm certain that I have tried with the gpu on before, and didn't get any image aswell. I'm considering the possibility that this mobo is pretty old and doesn't have the newest BIOS installed. Will have to check on the box if possible. If it is indeed old, I will either return it for a better one (maybe a 200 series) or bring it to tech support.

Reactions: boju