[SOLVED] I'm planning my first build

Oct 12, 2020
Hello everyone, this is my first build, and have done some basic research including compatibility, but some of the spec jargon still confuses me, and could really appreciate some help. For my first build I want to go with:

PartItem
CPUIntel i7-10700k 5.1 GHz turbo
MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E
RAMG.skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB)
CasedarkFlash J11 Black ATX Mid-Tower
Power supplyThermaltake Toughpower 650W 80+ Gold
GPUASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 Super
SSDSamsung 970 EVO 500GB
Hard DriveBarracuda 2TB internal
AIO PumpDEEPCOOL Castle 360EX
Case fanEZDIY-FAB 120mm

On pcpartpicker.com, it says its all compatible, but it says that the motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0GB/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s is disabled. Is that something I need to be concerned about?

For this build I want to use 6 total fans, 1 comes installed with the case, 3 come with the AIO pump, and I want to place 2 more for the overhead. I plan on replacing each stock fan with something aura sync capable. Will this motherboard allow me to use 6 addressable fans, and if not what are some options that I have?

Please feel free to give me any other inputs or recommendations on my build, like I said it's my first so any feedback is good feedback.

Last edited:
Solution
What is the purpose, and budget for this build? Even if you did want to stay Intel, with Ryzen 4th gen coming Nov. 5th, you should do 10th gen, not a 9th gen. PSU is not a quality unit either.
Oct 12, 2020
What is the purpose, and budget for this build? Even if you did want to stay Intel, with Ryzen 4th gen coming Nov. 5th, you should do 10th gen, not a 9th gen. PSU is not a quality unit either.
I'd like to keep the build around $2000, and mainly using to game and watch shows, along with some basic schoolwork. You're right, I checked for 10th gen CPU and I'm going with the Z 490-E and it won't increase the price too much.

For my PSU do you have any recommendations?

Last edited: