Im trying to Build my first Computer looking for help!!

Lukesterv1

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Alright So for awhile I've been debating on whether to build a pc or not and ive come to conclusion that i would. I'm very new to this sort of Stuff. I've gotten a few parts but im not really sure what all ill need ...

I've picked out this motherboard- ASUS M5A88-M AM3+ AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Video Card- SAPPHIRE 100355-1GOCL Radeon HD 7850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC Version

Processor- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

Im not really sure what all ill need for this im sure i can use some of my old cds drive from my last computer but im not really sure about the power supply ill need and all the remaining parts ill need any help would be greatly appreciated :) im looking forward to any responses since i kind of want to learn to how to build computers because its something that interests me alot. Thanks again for any help :)

Also not really looking for something that is too expensive but will get the job done well this computer is more for gaming and stuff and i would like it to run it on pretty good settings. Not to expensive but super cheap parts thank. :)

firststealth

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
OH yeah almost forgot! you're also gonna need a main drive, either HDD or SSD. I prefer SSD myself for extremely fast boot times and games but HDD are alot cheaper and have more space.

wrathofdragon

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2012
The first thing you need to do before buying any parts is to plan out you PC. what you want it to do, how much load will you put it under...

Second: choose parts that will fit your needs for the PC.

Order the parts in this order:
1. Motherboard.
2. CPU
3. Graphics
4. RAM
5. HDD
6. PSU
7. Operating System.

To make sure you get the PSU you need use this NewEgg Power Calculator:
http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html

To choose ram follow this:

1GB-Minimum, basic operations like web browsing (don't expect to run a browser with dozens of tabs open though) and email, and some word processing and light image editing.

2GB-With 2GB you should be able to do pretty much everything with your PC that a PC can do - gaming, image and video editing, running suites like Microsoft Office, and having a dozen or so browser tabs open all become possible.

4GB- If you're running a 32-bit operating system then with 4GB of RAM installed you'll only be able to access around 3.2GB (this is because of memory addressing limitations). Even on a 32-bit system that limits the RAM to a little over 3GB, the performance boost is well worth the cost. Not only do application run faster, you can run more applications simultaneously. (MINIMUM RECOMMENDED)

8GB- (you need x64 to use this) If you're building a gaming PC, a machine dedicated to photo of video editing, I recommend 8GB of RAM.

12GB/16GB+ - Gaming systems don't really benefit too much from more than 8GB of RAM. The time when more than 8GB of RAM becomes useful and starts paying for itself is when you're running a number of resource-heavy applications simultaneously: like photoshop and Full-HD video converter, and a game a t the same time...