[SOLVED] I'm trying to recover data from file history but when I click on some of the folders they say there empty

Apr 26, 2020
So my HDD started making clicking sounds and got corrupted which had a lot of my data on so I tried to restore some of the data by using file history as most desktop folders was transferred to the now corrupt HDD to save space. So I tried to use file history to restore the folders but when I clicked on them most said they were empty. What should I do or are they gone?

Solution
Hello.

First of all if you are sure that your HDD is corrupt, Stop using it immediately. windows uses all of the drives simultaneously to gain maximum performance thus it may cause some data corruption on your system.(even on other drives)

Backup your data to somewhere else and remove the HDD(it seems that you have multiple drives).

And for restoring your data if it was very important go to an expert data recovery center...

Otherwise you can use
Recuva
GetDataBack

GoodLuck

AppleGwava

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
If the data is critcally important.
STOP
Go to a professional data recovery

If not,
Recuva,
Zarx

are pretty good (For me) tools that can recover data.

Do not use the drive for anything until all data is recovered and tested

I would suggest reading the drive using another computer, or installing windows and the data recovery tools on another hdd.

The key to data recovery is, if you are not sure, dont do it

I cant really comment on whether the data is recoverable. Hard drive clicking is never good as it might be the heads crashing, best case scenario is that your hard drive is dying, worst case scenario is that some, if not all data is irrecoverable

Good Luck!
Alvis

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
Hello.

First of all if you are sure that your HDD is corrupt, Stop using it immediately. windows uses all of the drives simultaneously to gain maximum performance thus it may cause some data corruption on your system.(even on other drives)

Backup your data to somewhere else and remove the HDD(it seems that you have multiple drives).

And for restoring your data if it was very important go to an expert data recovery center...

Otherwise you can use
Recuva
GetDataBack

GoodLuck

Solution