Question I'm trying to use a GT 710 and Vega 8 Integrated graphics simultaneously but it says Windows has stopped this device ?

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
Motherboard details:

Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co. Ltd.
Model A320M-A PRO (MS-7C51) (AM4)
Version 1.0
Chipset Vendor AMD
Chipset Model Ryzen SOC
Chipset Revision 00
Southbridge Vendor AMD
Southbridge Model A320
Southbridge Revision 51
System Temperature 44 °C
BIOS
Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version 1.30
Date 08/11/2019

I went into the bios and set the integrated GPU to Force as I couldn't see any other options.
In Device Manager it says for the VEGA 8:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

The GT 710 is working fine and they both work fine on their own.

I want to be able to use both GT710 and the integrated GPU on the Ryzen 3200G so I can use 2 x HDMI connections, one for audio and one for video.

Is this happening to the VEGA 8 because it's an Nvidia GPU? would it work with an AMD one perhaps?

Last edited:
update the BIOS within the BIOS (download the latest BIOS file, unzip to a USB flash drive, get into BIOS, use M-Flash tab in BIOS and chose the new BIOS to flash)
install nvidia and amd gpu drivers
reset the BIOS afterwards by jumper

Is the vega graphics not working or the nvidia card?

Why do you wanna separate video and audio?

Reactions: mossi

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
update the BIOS within the BIOS (download the latest BIOS file, unzip to a USB flash drive, get into BIOS, use M-Flash tab in BIOS and chose the new BIOS to flash)

I thought you might say that.. I was going to do that later anyway (at work atm) but I was hoping there was an easier fix maybe.
I'm using this PC as an HTPC so I'm currently running an audio passthrough via the HDMI when the Vega 8 is running without the GT 710 through a Yamaha RX-V377 AVR which does the audio encoding so I get 5.1 sound which is fine.
What I'm trying to do is get the video from the VEGA 8 and the audio through the GT710 because the GT 710 doesn't have HDR and neither does the AVR. Video from the Vega 8 has HDR so that's good. At the moment I have to choose between HDR and 5.1 so I've gone with 5.1 for now but I'm just looking at options.

One question though, why do I reset the bios after I flash it?
Never done that before after a bios flash

One question though, why do I reset the bios after I flash it?
Never done that before after a bios flash
To be sure no corrupt settings are set in the BIOS while it was flashed. It´s a recommendation from all BIOS manufacturer´s though to do so.

Not quite sure if the vega doesn´t have 5.1 sound provided by the HDMI. Did you try it? AMD high definition audio driver installed?

Reactions: mossi

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
To be sure no corrupt settings are set in the BIOS while it was flashed. It´s a recommendation from all BIOS manufacturer´s though to do so.

Not quite sure if the vega doesn´t have 5.1 sound provided by the HDMI. Did you try it? AMD high definition audio driver installed?
It does audio passthrough through the HDMI cable so it just passes the digital signal. AMD high definition audio driver is installed indeed.
I actually use the Vega 8 as per normal but when I plugged in the Gt710 and asked the BIOS to force the Vega 8 to work as well, Windows doesn't like it.
I assume the Force option in the Integrated graphics section is there for that reason?

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013

Bios upgrade fixed the issue!
I'll test later with the sound to see what's what. Thanks!

edit - I can't make the sound work how I want, it seems the HDMI from whichever GPU is set to display on the TV but the HDMI connected to the receiver is not detected.. so back to the beginning. I feared it might come to this but I'll just get a receiver with HDR and be done with it and focus on other things!

Last edited:
Reactions: helpstar