[SOLVED] I'm wondering if this GPU works on Linux Mint?

Apr 28, 2020
I have an MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card that I want to use in my first build and I don't know if its driver works on Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia.

Solution
Well, I don't need a third party driver, what I need to know is if this video card will run with the drivers on kernel 5.0

as I said the AMD drivers are part of the kernel.
it should work.
my card, which is a derivative of your card does work, my card became the r9 280 which with a tweak or two became the 380.

you can boot into the live environment and see if the card will work risk free.

I mentioned the third party driver because as recently as mint 17 my card needed an AMD driver to work, then they folded it into the kernel and the third party drivers disappeared but the support is still there. my observation that the third party (AMD) drivers are gone was meant to state that they are now a part of the kernel. one less...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Well, I don't need a third party driver, what I need to know is if this video card will run with the drivers on kernel 5.0

it should work.
my card, which is a derivative of your card does work, my card became the r9 280 which with a tweak or two became the 380.

I mentioned the third party driver because as recently as mint 17 my card needed an AMD driver to work, then they folded it into the kernel and the third party drivers disappeared but the support is still there. my observation that the third party (AMD) drivers are gone was meant to state that they are now a part of the kernel. one less thing to worry about.
in short it should just work.
sorry if I confused you

Solution
Apr 28, 2020
it should work.

In that case it should work, Thank you :D