Question Images with colored pixel lines

TomWBush

Prominent
Jun 25, 2021
Hello,

It is my first time posting and I don't know if this is the right place to post. I'm not exactly sure if this is a software or hardware problem because I think this issue started to happen after a windows update.

The colored pixel lines only show up on some images(shown below), and sometimes if I scroll past the image and back, the lines disappear. The graphics are fine when I play games.
Another issue that I have is my chrome keeps giving me STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error every time I open up a youtube video. It also happens on some other websites but much less often.

I am not sure if it's a GPU issue, since I have only had it for ~3 months and I've never OCed it.

What I have tried:

• I did a windows reset(keeps personal files).
  • I tried only plugging in each of the RAM sticks.
  • I tried updating and reinstalling display adapter driver.
None of them worked.

Thank you!

Capture.png

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

What version of Windows 10 are you on? Can you also see what BIOS version is currently on your motherboard? Did you reinstall your OS after recreating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers. First download your GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site(provided you indeed have an Nvidia GPU) and have it stored on your storage drive. Get DDU, uninstall all GPU drivers and then reboot. Once done, reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

If you've swapped out any parts since your issue, please include them in your specs as a before and after.

TomWBush

Prominent
Jun 25, 2021
Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

What version of Windows 10 are you on? Can you also see what BIOS version is currently on your motherboard? Did you reinstall your OS after recreating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers. First download your GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site(provided you indeed have an Nvidia GPU) and have it stored on your storage drive. Get DDU, uninstall all GPU drivers and then reboot. Once done, reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

If you've swapped out any parts since your issue, please include them in your specs as a before and after.
System specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Plus
COOLER: Corsair H115i AIO
GPU: GIGABYTE VISION RTX 3070
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
PSU: SilverStone SX700 PSU
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB
Case: Corsair 4000X
Monitor: 2 x Acer CB2 Series CB272U
Windows 10 Pro 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110

I've also tried:
MOBO: MSI B550I
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070

I tried:
  • DDU
  • Using Both HDMI port and DP port, changing HDMI cable
  • Fresh Windows install
  • inserting one RAM stick a time
  • Run windows memory test
  • Run Heaven, Prime95
  • Run windows NVMe test, Samsung magician SSD test

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Hello,

I have two monitors, and the issue occurs on both. So I think it's the PC's issue.

Alright. Try going into Device Manager and 'Monitor Section'. Delete whatever drivers in there that section then restart your PC. Windows 10 should automatically reinstall generic driver for you.

Also, do you have Dynamic Super Resolution on? If it is, try turning it off and restarting PC to see if anything changes.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-010

TomWBush

Prominent
Jun 25, 2021
Alright. Try going into Device Manager and 'Monitor Section'. Delete whatever drivers in there that section then restart your PC. Windows 10 should automatically reinstall generic driver for you.

Also, do you have Dynamic Super Resolution on? If it is, try turning it off and restarting PC to see if anything changes.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-010

I have tried uninstalling the drivers, rolling back the drivers, or DDU several times. None worked for me.

I don't have DSR turned on.