IMB HD

G

I have a brillian s1 Mobo which keeps seeing my HD as a 2gig HD when it is actually a 4gig HD any suggestions.

I have tryed to set it in Fdisk but it then goes down to 1888 mb and the same with the bios it won't let me alter any settings when its changed to user Choice

G

what version of fdisk are u using ?? if it is a dos version i would suggest getting a windows boot disk. Also yuo may want to check out yuor mobo book. Perhaps the mobo doesnt support the larger disks. What are the specs for yuor system anyway ?

hope this helps

Hey man i dont know .. i just think i do !!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Multimanisback on 12/08/00 06:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I am using the version of fdisk that comes with the win98SE
bootdisk, maybe i will try another.

specs:

p2 350
QDI brilliant s
64mb (2x32)
4 gig (well it was)
740 graphics
voodoo 1
ess maestro soundcard
2nd parallel port card
network card (?)

The hard drive was fine in an old system moving into this machine, was wearing a wrist strap (anti static) and other measures that ensure items don't get fragged

mpjesse

Splendid
Yeah, it could be LBA- good call. That's strange though. Also, check the jumper settings on the actual hard drive... some drives- even new ones, have settings that allow the hard drive to only be seen as a 2.1 gig drive, I know for a fact Western Digital drives have that.

-MP Jesse