important question about onboard raid 0 controller

G

hi,
I'm presently having problems with my motherboard (ASUS A7v133 with RAID 0 onboard). I think my AGP slot is busted, so I intended to buy another one (the same motherboard). The problem is : When I will disconnect my two HDs, which are connected together in RAID 0 for A/V editing, to connect it back on the new motherboard, will it erase all my datas when configuration of a new array will be made?? I need help ASAP .
Thank you
my cpu:
amd athlon 1200
asus a7v133 with onboard RAID 0
768 sdram
1 x maxtor diamondmax plus 30 gb (sys)
2 x maxtor diamondmax plus 60 gb (RAID 0 = A/V)
Win 2k pro
sound blaster live x-gamer
Matrox RT2000 editing kit

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I don't see why it would be a problem as long as you are going to specify the same array. I would try it but make sure that the data on the drive is backed up. Just so you know I have never tried it and probably never will with my personal hard drive. Once I have an array set up in my lab at work I could try it ... but that won't be for awhile!

I have never done it before, but I can't think of why it wouldn't work as long as it doesn't write any configuration data to the drive. (For Example) The BIOS on the RAID controller basically tells the CPU that it wants 64K to go to the first drive and another 64K to go to the other and so on.

<font color=red>1GHz AMD x MSI K7T-Turbo x 512MB PC133 x 2-Maxtor 30GB/RAID 0 = Stream Line Butterfly</font color=red>

svol

Champion
I think it will work. I have a RAID 0 array on my mobo (Abit KG7-RAID0) and when I reset the BIOS it automatically finds the array back.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

svol

Champion
I think it will work. I have a RAID 0 array on my mobo (Abit KG7-RAID) and when I reset the BIOS it automatically finds the array back.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .