Improve Laptop performance

TonTon

Distinguished
May 18, 2001
I'me new to laptops and was wondering a few things. Is there a way to have the laptop run the cpu at full speed all the time, instead of powering down when not in use? Secondly my 'simulated' numeric keypad does not seem to work, the 'arrows' work but I can't use the 'numbers' part of it. The laptop is hp ze4420us.

Beep. Keyboard error or no keyboard present. Press F1 to continue or del to enter setup. :D

RaPTuRe

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2001
from www.diefer.de, download SpeedSwitchXP - it is really simple and straight-forward to use, and you can control the speed of your CPU to give you either 'Max Battery', 'Battery Optimized', 'Dynamic Switching' and 'Full Speed'.

To use your numeric keyboard, you have to put on num lock, and then press the "Fn" key at the same time as you press the simulated number.

RaPTuRe

Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?

TonTon

Distinguished
May 18, 2001
Thanks for the link to the app.

As for the numeric keyboard, I've tried that. On mine it's fn and f8 to enable the keypad, but the numbers part of it doesn't work. Thanks anyway. :D

Beep. Keyboard error or no keyboard present. Press F1 to continue or del to enter setup. :D