in a infrasound hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxand

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
Recently am experiencing what I now believe is Infrasound. I felt vibrating of my home at night, so I began searching on the Web and it appears to match the effects of Infrasound, or Sonic sound waves. I'm in a residential neighborhood. I do not know who to talk to or complain to about what is happening. More noticeable at night, its like; someone turns on a switch and feel like a hugh semi truck is sitting in my driveway. It remains to a degree during the day as well. My body pressure appears to go up, and sometimes can hear the buzzing sound. I have shut down my house power, I've disconnected my wireless phones, etc. but it continues. I am afraid people will think I am a nutcase. I have had muscle twitch, shallow breathing, rapid heart rate, stomach aches and nausea, headaches and inner ear itching and tingles. I can't sleep now without a sleep aid. If I close my ears off, it seems to magnify in intensity. Can anyone tell me what is going on, providing that I am not nuts? Is there something out there that can help me detect these soundwaves. I am not tech savvey.

roxand

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

Thanks, I found the episode in 2005, referring to the Brown note.

treeboy

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
Usually only people with an inner ear vestibutar disorder can detect infrasound unless it is very loud. Any type of motion sickness qualifies. There is a great infrasound monitor by Infiltec which connects to a computer and records the waveforms, frequencies, etc (software is free) but the box costs about $325. Cheap for the excellent technical info you will get. If you want a sound level meter that detects Infrasound get ready to shell out $10K-20K.

Search Omnisonic speakers site for an article by Dr Bob Billings. It will give you some insight to the type of people that get addicted to Infrasound shaking their house and Wind Turbine Syndrome will tell you of the potential problems of getting too close to the source. People without a vestibular disorder don't hear or feel the 0-20 Hz of Infrasound unless it gets to an extrodinarily high dB level. There is a an infrasound rotary speaker called the Thigpen Rotary Woofer and may be responsible for some of the thumping we hear. They are very expensive and only the addicted or very wealthy can afford them. There are other ways to make infrasound generators but you need to be a pretty good experimenter. Most ENT know nothing about this and can't really help anyway except to prescribe some meds to numb the vestibular organs. I use plain old Dramine and works just as good as Rx for me. Your State's Dept of Environmental Health should be the one going after the noise maker but it is an uphill battle unless you can gat several people together to pressure them and get some publicity. I'd be interested to know what state you are in. I'm in VA. I have travelled up and down the East coast and been able to monitor Infrasound up to over 600 miles from the source. I have solid ear plugs made by an Audiologist that help a lot in sleeping. Another good read is the site of Dr Alex Salt at Washington Univ.

The first thing to determine is if the cause is external to your home. Do you notice it at night outside your home? The source of the vibration may be mechanical. Normal sound producers such as phones will not make these very low frequency rumbling sounds. Ask your neighbors if they notice anything at night. Could there be a construction project that is working at night somewhere in your vicinity? Low frequency sound waves can travel a long way.

elainereeves05

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Have you managed to resolve this, and how?
I am getting the same problem, where I feel vibrations and humming noises.

However, I have not been able to find a solution to this problem.
Where about's are you located?

treeboy

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
The infrasound is being generated in Chesterfield County Virginia by a psycho redneck. The police will do nothing, only an acoustician or physics prof or engineer have the broad experience to understand this. He is slowly damaging all his neighbors. Email me in private for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS