Jun 5, 2023
Both issues started around the same time, i noticed that i would be maintaining high FPS in games but when i tried to turn my character quickly it would stutter and then if i kept turning it would drop my fps to 0 or 1. During these moments my gpu util would drop to 0% and my cpu util would drop as well depending on the game. And it would happen on highest or lowest settings even when I capped out my FPS at 120, 100, or even 60 fps

File explorer freezing started around the same time, when I open files with any decent amount of size it loads quick, then loads again really slowly, then freezes if i try to interact with items in these files.

Specs:
GPU: MSI AMD 6950XT 16gb

CPU: RYZEN 7 5800X

MB: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-5

RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAW 16GBX16GB DDR4 3600 (32gb)

PSU: CORSAIR RM850X

SSD: SAMSUNG 980 PRO 2TB M.2

I keep my drivers up to date, and I did an SFC scan on windows and it found a broken file and fixed it but nothing improved. Please help

Edit: I should add, both issues also temporarily go away sometimes

Edit: stutter in game seems to only happen when using a mouse, I tried playing with a controller and it stopped

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2947362

run this first

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

then run

SFC /scannow

not saying that will fix the issue.

But it's better to run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth before using SFC /scannow

Jun 5, 2023
run this first

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

then run

SFC /scannow

not saying that will fix the issue.

But it's better to run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth before using SFC /scannow
Will do thank you I'll see what happens