In-Win’s Latest Cases Are (Literally) Sporting Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man, just think of their brown case fans in a beige box with faux wood drive bay blanks.

alextheblue

Distinguished

The second I laid eyes on them, that was my first thought. Cherry or dark oak would look nice. My second thought was that I'm not quite ready to give up an optical drive, even though I don't use them as much anymore. Perhaps offer a matching drive? ;)

DrakeFS

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014

I would suggest a USB external optical drive. I haven't used an optical drive in ages and actually wish my laptop didn't have one. I didnt put one in my gaming desktop and i haven't missed it. That being said, you can replace the faces on most optical drives for desktops. Which means In-Win could just release a faceplate that matches.

"Fake News" ! Well it has to be, they used fake wood. ... do you get a coupon for matching office furniture ... also make from matching fake wood ?

Actually I would love to see a case design whereby you could get templates for making your own custom wood panels....or even provided with a file that you could take to a CNC shop and have them cut the panels accordingly using your own wood material selection.

jbheller

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Im assuming you could take the wood panels off and stain them to any colour you wanted?

I like the look of the ITX and really these days, a 240mm is hardly needed in an ITX build.

Yes there are more functional cases out there, but this still looks pretty good.

And yes, the brown and beige fans would top it off

Reboot_EDC

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
Oh, my... 70's good'ol'times are back with its plywood-everwhere. Those cases really remind me to my old Atari.

aspinable

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
I really want to know the name of a case of the first picture.
Please tell me if you know the name of the case.
I think it's the best.It has 5inch bays, has front switch and usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.