Question Inaccessible boot device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2023
Hi there, I took out two old sticks of ram and installed four new and when starting up the pc I got an inaccessible boot device. It happens almost instantly, just after screen asking if I want to go to bios.

I tried revert back to the two old sticks but now still getting the same.

I have a msi motherboard and the new sticks are corsair vengeance pro. Old are hyperx fury. Same ddr4. New ones were 3200 and old 2400mhz.

Any advice?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I'm stupid but not that stupid. They are still showing as boot devices

Before you decide to insult people, go ahead and re-read your post and tell me where we can safely assume that there is no chance in the world you may have accidentally disconnected your SSD or HDD. Maybe just disloged the plug a tiny bit. Please point me to that spot.

Now that is out of the way take this as a warning that continued behavior such as insulting a moderator through our reporting system again will result in you asking questions elsewhere.

Jan 8, 2023
Before you decide to insult people, go ahead and re-read your post and tell me where we can safely assume that there is no chance in the world you may have accidentally disconnected your SSD or HDD. Maybe just disloged the plug a tiny bit. Please point me to that spot.

Now that is out of the way take this as a warning that continued behavior such as insulting a moderator through our reporting system again will result in you asking questions elsewhere.
Not sure how calling advice useless is insulting if it is indeed useless and true. If my ssd was not connected would I be getting a bsod?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Not sure how calling advice useless is insulting if it is indeed useless and true. If my ssd was not connected would I be getting a bsod?

Show me where, in your initial post, it says you're getting a BSOD. It does not. Inaccessible Boot Device is not a BSOD.

Inaccessible boot device immediately after the BIOS means that either the drive is not configured properly or not at all. If you have 2 drives it could mean that the bootable one is not connected and therefore the system is trying to boot from something inaccessible. You could also have a thumb drive plugged in that the system is trying to boot from. That could be caused by the BIOS getting reset for some reason.

It is not useless advice for someone to confirm you've checked the easiest thing first. We aren't mind readers nor are we sat next to your computer.

If this is the level of advice I get from moderators I'll happily go elsewhere

With an attitude like yours towards people trying to help you FOR FREE on their free time, you're welcome to see yourself out.

Jan 8, 2023
Show me where, in your initial post, it says you're getting a BSOD. It does not. Inaccessible Boot Device is not a BSOD.

Inaccessible boot device immediately after the BIOS means that either the drive is not configured properly or not at all. If you have 2 drives it could mean that the bootable one is not connected and therefore the system is trying to boot from something inaccessible. You could also have a thumb drive plugged in that the system is trying to boot from. That could be caused by the BIOS getting reset for some reason.

It is not useless advice for someone to confirm you've checked the easiest thing first. We aren't mind readers nor are we sat next to your computer.

With an attitude like yours towards people trying to help you FOR FREE on their free time, you're welcome to see yourself out.
https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/fix-inaccessible-boot-device-bsod

It's not a blue screen of death?? Should fix your articles

Cheerio

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Reactions: Lutfij
Status
Not open for further replies.