Increase Video Memory on AMD Radeon HD 8670D (Asus Motherboard)

Rishi Patel

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
I have and AMD A10-6800k processor, A88x pro Asus motherboard, 12gb of ram DDR3 dual channel @ 1799.6 MHz, and AMD Radeon HD 8670D graphics card. The problem is that the dedicated video memory is at 768 MB but I have 4689 MB Total Available Graphics Memory. I have trouble running games with this current video memory. Ex. low setting in gta 4 (ik, old) and I get low fps (~17). Is it possible to increase video memory on my AMD Radeon HD 8670D because on the website it says up to 2gb of memory.

P.S. I have tried looking in the asus bios but can't find anything related to increasing video memory. I have the newest asus bios version (not sure what version). And i dont want to buy anything. I am stuck with what I have :\

Thanks alot!!!

Solution
No, it is not possible to increase performance this way. Your integrated GPU only uses shared RAM. Even if you could increase its "dedicated RAM," the only effect would be to leave less RAM available for your system. For integrated graphics, shared RAM provides exactly the same performance as dedicated RAM.

The performance you are experiencing is what you can expect from your GPU. You may be able to increase the speed by using only 2 sticks of RAM in your system and clocking them higher, but you cannot increase performance by dedicating more RAM to your GPU.
No, it is not possible to increase performance this way. Your integrated GPU only uses shared RAM. Even if you could increase its "dedicated RAM," the only effect would be to leave less RAM available for your system. For integrated graphics, shared RAM provides exactly the same performance as dedicated RAM.

The performance you are experiencing is what you can expect from your GPU. You may be able to increase the speed by using only 2 sticks of RAM in your system and clocking them higher, but you cannot increase performance by dedicating more RAM to your GPU.

Solution

Rishi Patel

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015

If i take out my two 2gb sticks which leaves me with 8gb of ram, how would i clock them higher, I have clocked them higher before (and maybe too high) and i had to reset the cmos on the motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS