Question Inexplicable key inputs on Fn row on keyboard ?

itsawolf195

Honorable
Nov 27, 2017
I got a Corsair Strafe M2 Keyboard that I’ve had for 2 years.

Took care of it and cleaned it regularly, and even opened it up to make sure it gets thoroughly cleaned near the end of last year, since last month when I moved house though something weird has been happening to the key inputs.

Whenever I press the F11 key, it simultaneously triggers F7 and the Esc key, sometimes both, sometimes one or the other.

Could it be a problem with the keyboard itself, or something with the house’s power, I’ve also noticed my other peripherals (Hotas set, flight nerd here) also give random button inputs since I moved into the house.

Would getting a powered USB hub fix the issues?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

History of heavy gaming use - correct?

If a USB powered hub was not needed before unlikely that getting one would help. Barring some power problem with the system's PSU. Even then the hub may just be an interim fix.....

Try testing other keyboards on your computer. Try testing your keyboard and other peripherals on other computers. At other locations if possible. At least different circuits within your house.

Determine if the problems follow the keyboard and peripherals, stay with the computer, or vary with the electrical power source(s). Test (by elimination or substitution) surge protectors, power strips etc. if any are in use.

Could be some sort of house power problem. Try to do as much testing as you can to narrow down potential culprits.