[SOLVED] Infinite Loading Screen at Startup

cjbsnow

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
When I boot up my computer I got the spinning dots of death for eternity. Not sure why this keeps happening.

I have formatted my computer two separate times but each time when Windows does an update it causes this problem. Obviously I can't really use the computer without the updates so what is happening here and how can I fix it? FYI, I don't just want to do a reformat or an uninstall Windows as I've already tried that twice with no luck.

Any suggestions? Thank you so much!

Solution
I have seen similar problems with your laptop. I am fairly sure your laptop has a removable battery. Try this.

Soft Power Cycle:
  1. Press and hold down the power button for 20 seconds or until the computer shuts down.
  2. Press the power button to turn the computer back on
  3. If this did not resolve your issue continue with the Hard Power Cycle procedure
Hard Power Cycle (For computers that have removable batteries):
  1. Unplug the computer from the AC adapter.
  2. Remove the battery from the computer.
  3. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
  4. Re-Install the battery.
  5. Re-Connect the AC adapter.
  6. Press the power button to turn the computer back on
If this doesn't work please reply to this message.

cjbsnow

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
I finally got into Windows but what I can do to make sure this doesn't happen again. I think it's because of an update but have no idea which one.

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
I finally got into Windows but what I can do to make sure this doesn't happen again. I think it's because of an update but have no idea which one.
Just go to settings, search for "Updates" and select check for updates. Give it some time to think and download and then install. If this doesn't help... please respond to this message.

cjbsnow

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
Just go to settings, search for "Updates" and select check for updates. Give it some time to think and download and then install. If this doesn't help... please respond to this message.

Are you thinking that it's because the update is failing? That's what it seems like to me. I'm afraid to do it again though and end up in the same process. I'd like to just try to fix it now while I actually have access to Windows.

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
I have seen similar problems with your laptop. I am fairly sure your laptop has a removable battery. Try this.

Soft Power Cycle:
  1. Press and hold down the power button for 20 seconds or until the computer shuts down.
  3. If this did not resolve your issue continue with the Hard Power Cycle procedure

Solution

cjbsnow

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020

Soft Power Cycle:

Tried both and no luck. It's now stuck in the boot cycle again. Hopefully it will eventually get back to Windows again. I did pause updates so it shouldn't be trying to install any right now.

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Also, make sure there aren't usb drives or sd cards plugged in. Did you try going into BIOS and making sure everything is correct? To get into BIOS, push the "Power" button on your computer to start the system if it is not turned on, or restart the computer if it is on. The BIOS can only be accessed when the computer is first booting up. Press the "ESC" button when the "Toshiba" or "Qosmio" splash screen appears on the screen, followed by the "F1" button. The computer will stop the normal boot up procedure and switch to the BIOS settings. Then, try clearing the BIOS memory on your motherboard will return the BIOS settings to their factory default levels. A BIOS misconfiguration could be the reason that Toshiba laptop stuck on Toshiba leading innovation screen.

Reactions: cjbsnow

cjbsnow

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
Also, make sure there aren't usb drives or sd cards plugged in. Did you try going into BIOS and making sure everything is correct? To get into BIOS, push the "Power" button on your computer to start the system if it is not turned on, or restart the computer if it is on. The BIOS can only be accessed when the computer is first booting up. Press the "ESC" button when the "Toshiba" or "Qosmio" splash screen appears on the screen, followed by the "F1" button. The computer will stop the normal boot up procedure and switch to the BIOS settings. Then, try clearing the BIOS memory on your motherboard will return the BIOS settings to their factory default levels. A BIOS misconfiguration could be the reason that Toshiba laptop stuck on Toshiba leading innovation screen.

I will try this. I got it to boot up again but it took about 10 minutes which is much longer than normal.

Reactions: RamBoy_69

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
This is the problem I'm having @RamBoy_69 . It's the error for the failed update. It's update KB4497165. Should I try it anyway?

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-windows-update-error-0x800f0845-on-windows-10/
There are a number of errors that may appear, and they'll be different depending on the problem that caused them. However, if you're having trouble, the quickest way to troubleshoot and resolve this issue is to use the Windows Update troubleshooter tool.
  1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Update & Security.
  3. Click on Troubleshoot.
  4. Under "Get up and running," select the Windows Update option.
  5. Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
  6. Click the Apply this fix option (if applicable).
  7. Continue with the on-screen directions.
  8. Restart your device.
After completing the steps, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, click the Check for updates button to try the upgrade one more time. If this still doesn't work please reply to this message.

cjbsnow

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
There are a number of errors that may appear, and they'll be different depending on the problem that caused them. However, if you're having trouble, the quickest way to troubleshoot and resolve this issue is to use the Windows Update troubleshooter tool.
  1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Update & Security.
  3. Click on Troubleshoot.
  4. Under "Get up and running," select the Windows Update option.
  5. Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
  6. Click the Apply this fix option (if applicable).
  7. Continue with the on-screen directions.
  8. Restart your device.
After completing the steps, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, click the Check for updates button to try the upgrade one more time. If this still doesn't work please reply to this message.

Ok, I ran an update and got it to restart but it still says Feature update to Windows 10, versions 1909 (2) last failed attempt (today) 0x800f0845.

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Ok, I ran an update and got it to restart but it still says Feature update to Windows 10, versions 1909 (2) last failed attempt (today) 0x800f0845.
Try turning on automatic updates let it do its thing. It'll try to download it at around 12 A.M. if you won't use it at that time. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. If the problem persists... please reply to this message.

cjbsnow

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
Try turning on automatic updates let it do its thing. It'll try to download it at around 12 A.M. if you won't use it at that time. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. If the problem persists... please reply to this message.
Ok @RamBoy_69 I'm sorry to bother you again. I can't get out of the boot loop and into Windows. I'm just at the troubleshooting screen again. Any suggestions?

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Do you have data on that PC that you need to save?

What you need to do is download and create Windows 10 Installation media. Then instead of installing Windows, boot form that USB drive and choose 'Repair this Computer' that will give you the opportunity to use the Recovery Environment, without entering a password

Click this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS)

If the Recovery Options do not get your PC booting, you will have no other option other than to clean install Windows 10 form that installation media . . .

I'm not sure if you tried this yet, but if you haven't, try it. If this still doesn't work... I'm sorry, but I'm out of ideas.

cjbsnow

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
Do you have data on that PC that you need to save?

What you need to do is download and create Windows 10 Installation media. Then instead of installing Windows, boot form that USB drive and choose 'Repair this Computer' that will give you the opportunity to use the Recovery Environment, without entering a password

Click this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS)

If the Recovery Options do not get your PC booting, you will have no other option other than to clean install Windows 10 form that installation media . . .

I'm not sure if you tried this yet, but if you haven't, try it. If this still doesn't work... I'm sorry, but I'm out of ideas.

I've done that previously and it worked. I'll do it again. My other question is though, how do I make sure this doesn't happen again?