[SOLVED] Infrequent BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe

Solution
Only time I ever run into the irq error is when overclocking and the processor is working too hard for the voltage demanded from the VRM's and supplied by VID.

I'd check the relationship between vcore and vid. Ideally they should be about 0.05v apart with either a negative or positive offset depending on which direction, with vid offset to be higher than vcore in total. Also check LLC to make sure it's offset isn't too high (if not on auto) or it'll add too much voltage allowance to vcore, exceeding vid supply.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Only time I ever run into the irq error is when overclocking and the processor is working too hard for the voltage demanded from the VRM's and supplied by VID.

I'd check the relationship between vcore and vid. Ideally they should be about 0.05v apart with either a negative or positive offset depending on which direction, with vid offset to be higher than vcore in total. Also check LLC to make sure it's offset isn't too high (if not on auto) or it'll add too much voltage allowance to vcore, exceeding vid supply.

Solution
Jan 3, 2022
Both the vcore and vid seem to fluctuate a lot but the average is around .2v apart. What is LLC and how do I check this? Couldnt find any help through google.