[SOLVED] input causes FPS drops?

Shadow_32

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
GUYS I HAVE A VERY strange and important situation here

my games drop fps as soon as i use mouse and keyboard but when i use gamepad i do NOT get fps drops..

what is this? can someone explain to me?

SPECIALLY in Halo CE

Last edited:
Solution
well its at least 5 years old now as you can see on the component image i posted

other than th at all games are getting frame drops when i move the mouse 23 4 or more frames and when i use gamepad that does not happen at all .. also when i use my keyboard there is no issue either so this is definitely my mouse and bad thing is i dont have another mouse to test
Try this step by step (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors and the chipset in system device (if available) on device manager (should be 8 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this...

DSzymborski

Titan
isnt that enough?
i cant find any other way in HWINFO to get the concentrated info sorry .. what can i do instead?

You can't do this magically with software. You have to either know things about the PC or look at them. That means information about your exact PSU and details about your cooling situation. The more useful information provided, the better we can dig into a problem. There's a reason that your doctor checks your blood pressure even if you're not obviously there for a blood pressure-related reason.

It also means a history of the problem, this PC. Is this a new build? An old build? When did this start? Did it ever work? What games? What exact FPS? Were any changes made recently to your PC? What did you do to address the situation and what were the results?

Shadow_32

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
well its at least 5 years old now as you can see on the component image i posted

other than th at all games are getting frame drops when i move the mouse 23 4 or more frames and when i use gamepad that does not happen at all .. also when i use my keyboard there is no issue either so this is definitely my mouse and bad thing is i dont have another mouse to test

Try this step by step (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors and the chipset in system device (if available) on device manager (should be 8 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

Chipset:
    unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update, and load default or optimized settings, find HPET or High Precision Event Timer and disable that , then save and exit

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver and Serial IO driver, reboot, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Enable hardware accelerated graphics scheduling (available in the latest windows update) in graphics settings and reboot, it should be like this:
    unknown.png

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution

Shadow_32

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
well i tried other mouses and NONE of them have this issue just this gamer mouse.. the other ones are standard mice...

also how do i update bios .. my computer only uses msi live updater and i have all the new drivers already

i fixed it ones and now i dont know how i did it... i now installed allt he stupid logitech softare is supposedly should but it wont go back to working right.

ALSO the gaming crappy mouse is wired if you wonderd

also how do i update bios .. my computer only uses msi live updater and i have all the new drivers already
well, you should update all using the links i gave to you and following my steps, also to update bios you download the file, unzip it, copy the .380 file to your flash drive but make sure the drive is formatted as fat32, and plug it in top rear motherboard usb panel (on your pc back, the most top one). then go to bios (spam f2 or del) and find MFlash, choose the .380 file and let it update, then after it updates, go to bios again, load optimized, find HPET or High Precision Event Timer, disable that, then save and exit.

Now you should understand how to.. and try to re do the steps from step 1.

Shadow_32

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
my usb is broken .. not hardware wise but software wise i used minitool and it does make the usb come back but then the usb dissapears .. the usb keeps dissapearing from my drive lettering and i cant really asign or add letters to it in the partition manager from windows... how can i fix this dang USB...
it just randomlyd ecides to to have a format or adress

Shadow_32

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
the mouse thing has resolved itself some strange how ... i wish everyone knew about this issue and made sure they didn't have this same issue because i found out by almost accident that the mouse was giving me this issue

Reactions: Koekieezz
my usb is broken .. not hardware wise but software wise i used minitool and it does make the usb come back but then the usb dissapears .. the usb keeps dissapearing from my drive lettering and i cant really asign or add letters to it in the partition manager from windows... how can i fix this dang USB...
it just randomlyd ecides to to have a format or adress
can't format it via windows, or detect it using diskpart on cmd like this?
unknown.png

Shadow_32

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
HMM LOOKS LIKE its not only anb issue with the usb.. i have used another usb and bios says " file not found"
am i wrong when i extract the file from the package or should i use the file exactly as it is in the package .

HMM LOOKS LIKE its not only anb issue with the usb.. i have used another usb and bios says " file not found"
am i wrong when i extract the file from the package or should i use the file exactly as it is in the package .
try this file, format the flash drive first as Fat32 (just use windows format), then copy it to your flash drive, and plug it on the top most usb slot on the motherboard back.