Inspiron 8500 flashes caps loc, no start

My Inspiron 8500 will not boot. The leds all flash once, power led stays
lit, the caps loc flashes 10 times then the machine powers off
automatically. The machine never begins to boot.

I have stripped everything off (drives, modem, battery, etc.) but the
response is the same. Memory checked with another 8500, it is good.
Processor was reseated, and also checked on another 8500, it is good.

I have tried booting with the mute key held down. I have also tried holding
the power button down for 30 sec. None of this has changed the result. I
would be glad for any help.

Bill in Raleigh

Needs a motherboard
"William MILLS" <bmills46@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> My Inspiron 8500 will not boot. The leds all flash once, power led stays
> lit, the caps loc flashes 10 times then the machine powers off
> automatically. The machine never begins to boot.
>
> I have stripped everything off (drives, modem, battery, etc.) but the
> response is the same. Memory checked with another 8500, it is good.
> Processor was reseated, and also checked on another 8500, it is good.
>
> I have tried booting with the mute key held down. I have also tried
> holding the power button down for 30 sec. None of this has changed the
> result. I would be glad for any help.
>
> Bill in Raleigh

TRENDING THREADS