Inspiron 9300 Video Problem

Just got it yesterday. The default on the video is 120dpi, screen
resolution of 1920x1200.

It looks fine EXCEPT: GIF files are rendered as terribly pixilated. No
problems with JPG, Flash, Media center video or any other. Just GIF.

If I downgrade the DPI to 96 it will solve the pixilation problem, but at
1920x1200 I can hardly read anything, it's so small. If I bring the screen
resolution down at all to compensate, even to 1680x1050, the display become
soft-looking, even a bit fuzzy.

My preference would be to fix the GIF problem without changing DPI or screen
resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Chuck

Chuck Hildebrandt wrote:

> Just got it yesterday. The default on the video is 120dpi, screen
> resolution of 1920x1200.
>
> It looks fine EXCEPT: GIF files are rendered as terribly pixilated. No
> problems with JPG, Flash, Media center video or any other. Just GIF.
>
> If I downgrade the DPI to 96 it will solve the pixilation problem, but at
> 1920x1200 I can hardly read anything, it's so small. If I bring the screen
> resolution down at all to compensate, even to 1680x1050, the display become
> soft-looking, even a bit fuzzy.
>
> My preference would be to fix the GIF problem without changing DPI or screen
> resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thank you very much.

Have you tried switching to large fonts?

Bob

"Bob Levine" <robjlevin.nospan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Chuck Hildebrandt wrote:
>
>> Just got it yesterday. The default on the video is 120dpi, screen
>> resolution of 1920x1200.
>>
>> It looks fine EXCEPT: GIF files are rendered as terribly pixilated. No
>> problems with JPG, Flash, Media center video or any other. Just GIF.
>>
>> If I downgrade the DPI to 96 it will solve the pixilation problem, but at
>> 1920x1200 I can hardly read anything, it's so small. If I bring the
>> screen resolution down at all to compensate, even to 1680x1050, the
>> display become soft-looking, even a bit fuzzy.
>>
>> My preference would be to fix the GIF problem without changing DPI or
>> screen resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>
> Have you tried switching to large fonts?
>
> Bob

I just tried it and it didn't work. How would switching to large fonts help
my GIF pixilation problem?

Chuck Hildebrandt wrote:

> "Bob Levine" <robjlevin.nospan@netscape.net> wrote in message
>
>>Chuck Hildebrandt wrote:
>>

>>>Just got it yesterday. The default on the video is 120dpi, screen
>>>resolution of 1920x1200.
>>>
>>>It looks fine EXCEPT: GIF files are rendered as terribly pixilated. No
>>>problems with JPG, Flash, Media center video or any other. Just GIF.
>>>
>>>If I downgrade the DPI to 96 it will solve the pixilation problem, but at
>>>1920x1200 I can hardly read anything, it's so small. If I bring the
>>>screen resolution down at all to compensate, even to 1680x1050, the
>>>display become soft-looking, even a bit fuzzy.
>>>
>>>My preference would be to fix the GIF problem without changing DPI or
>>>screen resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>>Thank you very much.
>>
>>Have you tried switching to large fonts?
>>
>>Bob
>

> I just tried it and it didn't work. How would switching to large fonts help
> my GIF pixilation problem?

If you set the screen to 96 dpi, you said everything was fine but you
couldn't read the text. My suggestion was to use large fonts. I have my
6000 set to 1920x1200 with large fonts and everything is fine.

Bob