Inspiron Laptop Sleeve?

I'm looking for an inexpensive laptop sleeve to provide some protection to
my 15" Inpiron 1150 when I carry it around in my backpack. I'm pretty good
at handling the bag, so I just need protection against scratches and stuff.

I've ran across some very inexpensive (~$20 shipped) Fellowes Body Glove
made out of "neoprene" online. Has anyone tried these? Will the 15" fit?
17"?

Any other brands I should be looking for? Like I said, I'm not looking to
spend too much...

Usenet User wrote:

> I'm looking for an inexpensive laptop sleeve to provide some protection to
> my 15" Inpiron 1150 when I carry it around in my backpack. I'm pretty good
> at handling the bag, so I just need protection against scratches and stuff.
>
> I've ran across some very inexpensive (~$20 shipped) Fellowes Body Glove
> made out of "neoprene" online. Has anyone tried these? Will the 15" fit?
> 17"?
>
> Any other brands I should be looking for? Like I said, I'm not looking to
> spend too much...

Have a look at http://www.sfbags.com.

Notan

"Usenet User" <usenet@eeltech.cjb.net> wrote in message
> I'm looking for an inexpensive laptop sleeve to provide some protection to
> my 15" Inpiron 1150 when I carry it around in my backpack. I'm pretty good
> at handling the bag, so I just need protection against scratches and
> stuff.
>
> I've ran across some very inexpensive (~$20 shipped) Fellowes Body Glove
> made out of "neoprene" online. Has anyone tried these? Will the 15" fit?
> 17"?

I've got one, but can't find size on it anywhere, but it works pretty
well for the purpose you describe. My wife took her laptop in her luggage to
Europe in one and I frequently use one alone for the house to car to office
jaunt. For more than that, I switch to a more protective case, thought.

--
Thomas M. Goethe

None

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:29:10 -0600, Usenet User
<usenet@eeltech.cjb.net> wrote:

>I'm looking for an inexpensive laptop sleeve to provide some protection to
>my 15" Inpiron 1150 when I carry it around in my backpack. I'm pretty good
>at handling the bag, so I just need protection against scratches and stuff.
>
>I've ran across some very inexpensive (~$20 shipped) Fellowes Body Glove
>made out of "neoprene" online. Has anyone tried these? Will the 15" fit?
>17"?
>
>Any other brands I should be looking for? Like I said, I'm not looking to
>spend too much...

Try Tucano:

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3952338?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

There's small, medium and large sizes. And different colors too. I
have one for my 600m (14.1") and fits perfectly.

joey

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2003

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:29:10 -0600, Usenet User
<usenet@eeltech.cjb.net> wrote:

>I'm looking for an inexpensive laptop sleeve to provide some protection to
>my 15" Inpiron 1150 when I carry it around in my backpack. I'm pretty good
>at handling the bag, so I just need protection against scratches and stuff.
>
>I've ran across some very inexpensive (~$20 shipped) Fellowes Body Glove
>made out of "neoprene" online. Has anyone tried these? Will the 15" fit?
>17"?
>
>Any other brands I should be looking for? Like I said, I'm not looking to
>spend too much...

Belkin NE-SC2, has think padded protection, stowaway handles. I use
it as a sleeve inside my other bags

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Product_Id=160426