Question Install downgrade version of mac os

Jun 9, 2019
Hi,

My mac needs to install mac os, so when i boot into recovery mode the option of installing high sierra is given, but my mac doesn't support high sierra instead I want to install a lower version(like snow leopard or el capitan) than high siera, so my question is how can I let recovery mode install older os instead of high sierra

Thank you,

Holding Shift-Option-⌘-R at boot should cause recovery mode to load the macOS which came with your computer or the closest available version.

If you regularly updated to new versions as they came out and have access to a Mac. You should be able to download older versions through the app store with your Apple ID (under Purchases tab). Then use the appropriate version of Diskmaker X to create a bootable USB flash drive to install macOS. Just note that you can only download versions of macOS purchased previously through your App Store account. I know they were free. But it counts as a purchase and they can't be purchased retroactively, at least not easily or really old versions.

If the App Store option does not work. You can still get El Capitan through the App Store. This requires use of a Mac to download. Click on the Get El Capitan link in the following Apple Support Article.

Jun 9, 2019
Holding Shift-Option-⌘-R at boot should cause recovery mode to load the macOS which came with your computer or the closest available version.

If you regularly updated to new versions as they came out and have access to a Mac. You should be able to download older versions through the app store with your Apple ID (under Purchases tab). Then use the appropriate version of Diskmaker X to create a bootable USB flash drive to install macOS. Just note that you can only download versions of macOS purchased previously through your App Store account. I know they were free. But it counts as a purchase and they can't be purchased retroactively, at least not easily or really old versions.

If the App Store option does not work. You can still get El Capitan through the App Store. This requires use of a Mac to download. Click on the Get El Capitan link in the following Apple Support Article.
Thank ypu for replying,

The option to boot into the recovery mode and the macOS that came with my Mac doesn't work but I will check the other options out thanks