Install issues, possible bad cpu

jeej281

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
Hi, I can't seem to get windows 10 to clean install on my pc. The ssd I'm trying to install it on is blank since I just wiped it. Everything was working since I built it about 2 weeks ago, but in the middle of a game windows crashed and it got stuck in an infinite bsod loop. I managed to get out of the loop by replacing bad ram sticks, however the os now refuses to install. It gets to the point with the windows logo with the spinning dots - my keyboard disconnects but not my mouse, and my mobo gets stuck on code b1 which means "Runtime Set Virtual Address MAP End". The dots will spin forever until I shut the pc down and this happens with or without the ethernet cable plugged in. Does this still sound like a ram problem? Could the slots themselves be bad? I'll get memtest86 running in the meantime to check if these ones were doa or something. Any input is appreciated.

EDIT: So I just came back and memtest is reporting 302,082 errors, test 6 CPU 2. Does this mean one of my cores is damaged? It's not showing errors from any other ones.

Specs (no overclocking done):
Mobo: ASUS Maximus IX Hero with BIOS 1009
CPU: Intel i7-7700k
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW hooked with displayport
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz