cisco_sleeper

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
Guys this problem is driving me nuts. Im installing windows xp pro on a somwhat new system. This system was working 100% before the install. When i boot the cd, everything is fine. It goes threw the pre copy phase, loads all those files then it attempts to start windows. Then it just gives me a blue screen saying Session5_Initialization_Failed ... Ive tried everything, flashed the bios, disabled every port (usb, serial, printer) onboard sound, revomed all pci devices. I only have one ram module, cd rom and the hard disk and the grahpics card. It still gives me the error. So i took that hard disk out, put it in an older machine and used the same xp cd. It installed fine, no errors. So i get the drive out and install it back into the system that had problems installing it. It will still not load. I tried safe mode, it will stop at a driver called mup.sys... I am totally out of ideas, any help here??

duron 1.2
SL-75drv5 mother board
256mb ddr pc 2100
120 gig hard disk
16X dvd rom drive
geforce 2 440mx

They should make a brand of clothing called Cisco Router and Switch... Yah, that beats the hell out of Ambercrombie and whatever...

Axeman2003

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2003
You said you tried the hdd and it worked in another system,
Well bro keep going with that test on the other stuff and you'll find your troublemaker....Cuz thats how its done!

cisco_sleeper

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
Yah im going to swap out all the ide drives but that one hard drive including the cables... Then if that doesnt work im just going to go threw the bios again to see if there is something im missing... Ill post up here when i find out what the hell the deal is lol...

drew

They should make a brand of clothing called Cisco Router and Switch... Yah, that beats the hell out of Ambercrombie and whatever...

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
try running memtest86 to check your RAM. I had a similar problem installing Win98SE, I was getting all kinds of weird errors. When I checked the RAM, a stick was bad. Pulled it out, and everything installed great.

Spec:
Intel P4 2.4B
MSI 645E Max-U Mobo
512MB DDR333
GF3 ti200 64MB
SB Live 5.1
WD 60GB (Storage)
Maxtor 6GB (System)
Maxtor 120GB
LG 24x24x32 CDR
WIN2K PRo SP4

cisco_sleeper

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
Ok wtf... WEll guys i got it working... heres the wholllleee story... This machine would run windows 2000, Me, 98 or anything else... Come to xp? IT SAYS [-peep-] YOU... I removed every piece of none critical hardware... And replaced the ram... No luck... I even put in a different power supply no luck... Then i was like ok its either the mother board or cpu... So i took a duron 700 out of my other desktop... Then i booted the computer... Guess what happened???? IT WORKS... Now im sittin here... Wondering why does this duron 1.2 not like xp... Im confused... lol I guess i really did earn my A+ lol....
Hope this helps someone else...

Your favorite Cisco Guy, Drew

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<<I guess i really did earn my A+ lol....>>

If it were true, you would get Intel, for now B- would do it ;)

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

cisco_sleeper

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
haha, hey but amd is cheaper!!! lol... that cpu i think ran me like 40 bucks at pricewatch a year or so ago... Oh well i had my dad order himself a 2200+ so its all good... BTW, the a+ is harder than it used to be...

Drew

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Of coarse it is "cheaper!!!". That is the true, because you do not pay yerself for yer own time you wasting on "figuring out" the "problemas" with AMD ;)

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

G

And what problems are you talking about? I'm on a budget, so I always use AMD. I've never had any problems. :wink:

Latest posts