[SOLVED] Install programs without admin rights, bypass UAC with RunAsInvoker problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloefgren

Prominent
Apr 30, 2020
Hi all!

I hope someone could help me out on this one.

I have a software that I'm trying to install without admin rights, using the method RunAsInvoker creating a .bat file containing:

cmd /min /C "set __COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER && start "" %1"

After dragging the setup file to this .bat file I've successfully installed some software. One of them is running into a problem though, when the setup hits the registry and it needs admin rights again.

PokerStars.SE is the installation file I have troubles with.

Is there any way around this for setup files that hits the registry? I have added the installation log below if it could help.

Thank you!

Best regards, Anton

"
Common Programs: Programs: C:\Users\alofgren\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs Registry write error, maybe caused by access right not enough, uninstaller may not work properly.

Install finished [2020/04/25 02:03:35] VC++ __active_heap = 1 GetProcessAffinityMask=0xF tryLock supported PID=16036 BASEADDR=0x00880000 Log File Path: C:\Users\alofgren\Desktop\Boll\PokerStars.SE\Install.log OS Version: 4563000a isWow64: 1 localAppData: 1 Has admin rights: 0 Locale: 13 Extracting files: fw.ini Gx\update.bmp PokerStarsUninstall.exe PokerStarsUpdate.exe Stub.exe trace.ini Tracer.exe [2020/04/25 02:03:36] update.ini Source: C:\Users\alofgren\Desktop\Install\InstallPS\PSTARS.exe Options: All users: 0 Desktop: 0 Start Up: 0 Quick Launch: 0 Common Programs: Programs: C:\Users\alofgren\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs Registry write error, maybe caused by access right not enough, uninstaller may not work properly. Install finished
"

Solution
If the application requires Admin rights, then that is what it needs.
If you do not have Admin rights or the password, then you cannot install it.

Ask the person that does control this system.

We do not assist with circumventing security rules like this.
Closing this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts