Question Installed new GPU and now I can't access BIOS with Delete key, and when booting it goes straight to Windows Login screen ?

Jan 7, 2023
So I bought a RX580 2048sp and installed it into my once APU pc, I did reset the bios by removing the cmos batt, I did bios update and reseated my gpu several times just to make it work, at first it won't display in my monitor but after deleting my previous driver and installing a new one (using my apu processor) it miraculously work, but the logo screen isn't showing and heading straight to the login screen (I did not activate fast boot btw). So I thought it is all settled, but when I try to get into bios option by restarting and pressing delete, it just turns black screen and no display, when I try to turn it on it won't show display anymore, after resting it an hour though and try opening it again all the same it boots straight to login screen? Is there any solution for this? pls. help.
My system:
b450 s2h mobo
3400g
p550 gigabyte psu

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can get to the BIOS from Windows by holding shift while clicking Shutdown as a workaround.

First thing I would check is the default graphics output set in the BIOS.

Initial Display Output
Specifies the first initiation of themonitor display fromthe installed PCI Express graphics card or the onboard graphics.
IGD Video (Note) Sets the onboard graphics as the first display.
PCIe 1 Slot Sets the graphics card on the PCIEX16 slot as the first display. (Default)

You might want to doublecheck that you have an official unmodified BIOS on your GPU.

Reactions: KithAltizen
Jan 7, 2023
I did check those settings using my Integrated graphics to flash bios and it set into PCIE slot unfortunately still the same outcome, may I ask if is it possible to make your d.GPU boot when you disable the integrated graphics? Or is it possible to use the IGD option or integrated gpu to flash as bios but the display cable is conmected to the D.GPU?

Nice Nicer

Commendable
May 24, 2021
Does your Mainboard have the option to turn the logo screen on and off ? You did reset the bios, so maybe that turned it off. I have seen this option even with an old bios version of a compact PC ( Zotac Zbox ID... ) even with the option to get your own logo to show instead of the manufacturers logo.