click_88

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
Hello,

Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard
gSkill 2x(2GB) Ram
nVidia 7950 GT Graphics Card
580w Hipper Type R Powersupply

No onboard graphics card. Using same HD from old computer with same windows vista os install. Planning on running the os repair disc when i can get a display on the screen.

Basically it all comes down to this been searching for hours. Installed motherboard in case with cpu and heatsink with cpu fan installed 2 2gb ram sticks and DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1 like manual says installed video card in PCI-E 16x slot as manual says and i get no display on screen tried 2 monitors. Tried 1 stick of ram, tried clearing cmos with battery and jumper. I got the bios screen 1 time then when i saved my settings i havent got display since then i did agian and got display and then saved and exited now i get no display and i dont know why that is i tried the same steps again and i cant get a display all the fans run and when the display did come up i got 1 beep when the display doesnt show up i get no beeps. HD powers up. Been searching for hours could someone please help

P.S. i did the bench test with graphics card 1 stick of ram psu and motherboard and i got nothing put it all back together i get display save and exit it reboots with no display again. So i know all the components are in working order

click_88

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
I can get display no i found that problem out i had the ram in the Dimm_A1 when it was supposed to be in Dimm_B2 i entered the bios and since im trying to use a hard drive with the existing os from my previous computer i have downloaded the vista repair disc put it on a flash drive as well as the BIOS update from the asus website for the p5e3 pro mother board and when i go into the bios i set the boot settings to removeable disc the my HDD then the cdrom then i save and exit bios and the computer reboots and i wont get a display til i go back in and clear the RTC then i move the jumper back i start the computer up no display i hit the reset button on my case its shuts off comes back on 1 beed from the speaker and then i got display not sure why it wont boot from the flash drive or what is going on but everything seems to work but the loading of the os . i dont have a disc and dont want to have to buy the os disc. and i havent powered my cdrom to the psu due to waiting on another cord to come in the mail for my psu.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated