[SOLVED] Installed Windows 10 SSD. But now It won't boot.

Jan 20, 2019
I just completed a Fresh install of Windows 10 using a flash drive. The installation process completed and the computer restarted. The problem is that even after setting my ssd as #1 in the boot order it won't boot up. It will only load BIOS.

I have been trying for hours but can't seem to figure out the cause.

Solution
so it finished install? you got to desktop after creating users?

or was it that it asked you to remove USB and then restart, and it stops at bios? if it was after the 1st restart,. what can happen is bios still wants to boot off USB.. Some motherboards let you set a one off boot device so if yours does, I would set it to the USB and make SSD 1st in line in boot order.

what motherboard do you have?

Is there a choice in boot order called Windows Boot Manager, if so... try putting it at top of list

Colif

Win 11 Master
so it finished install? you got to desktop after creating users?

or was it that it asked you to remove USB and then restart, and it stops at bios? if it was after the 1st restart,. what can happen is bios still wants to boot off USB.. Some motherboards let you set a one off boot device so if yours does, I would set it to the USB and make SSD 1st in line in boot order.

what motherboard do you have?

Is there a choice in boot order called Windows Boot Manager, if so... try putting it at top of list

Solution
Jan 27, 2019

I had a similar problem. I used the Windows 10 Disk to do a startup repair troubleshoot which solved the boot problem. I believe if you change your bios to boot to your usb with Windows 10 you could access the Windows Startup Repair utility... GOOD LUCK... I am still working on my problems with converting to SSD...

Jan 27, 2019
I had a similar problem. I used the Windows 10 Disk to do a startup repair troubleshoot which solved the boot problem. I believe if you change your bios to boot to your usb with Windows 10 you could access the Windows Startup Repair utility... GOOD LUCK... I am still working on my problems with converting to SSD...

Jan 27, 2019