Question Installing 2 additional RAM sticks causes boot problem ?

Jan 27, 2021
I tried to install 2 additional 8gb RAM sticks to up my RAM from 16gb to 32gb and I am getting 3 long beeps on boot and nothing happens. My motherboard's CPU light turns on and it just stays there. The RAM sticks are the exact same make, model, and capacity as the two sticks that are already installed. Specs below:

B550 Mag Mortar Wifi Motherboard (supports up to 128gb)
Silicon Power DDR4 XPOWER RGB 3600MHz RAM (2x8gb)
AMD 5600x CPU

I am running an XMP profile to ensure that the RAM is running at 3600MHz at 1.35v.

Whenever I booted up with all 4 sticks I got the three long beeps and nothing happened. I removed the 2 new sticks, booted up and got the same three beeps. I re-seated the 2 original sticks into the same slots as they were already in (2 and 4), rebooted and all was back to normal.

My heart sank when I got the three beeps, and it sank even further whenever I removed the 2 new sticks and got the same beeps, so now I'm afraid to try different things out before getting some recommendations first. Let me know if there is any additional information needed in order to assist. Thanks!

Jan 27, 2021
Through reading further I saw a lot of suggestions to disable XMP profile in order to install additional RAM sticks. Many said you should not have to, but I figured it wouldn't hurt. I disabled XMP and ensured that the DRAM was running at 1.2v instead of 1.35v. I added in the two additional sticks (all 4 together) and I get the 3 long beeps on boot.

I even pulled out my existing memory and replaced it with the new memory (same slots - 2 & 4), and I still get the same 3 long beeps on boot.

I pull the new RAM out and pop my original RAM back where they were before and it boots right up.

Any suggestions before I assume that the new RAM sticks are just no good?