[SOLVED] Installing 2 identical PCIe cards in same Windows computer

Jun 29, 2020
I am trying to install a second PCIe card for an added eSATA interface (Silicon Image 3132 SATALink controller) on an HP tower running Windows 8.1. The second card is exactly the same card as the first which is successfully installed and working. I can’t get second one to work and I realized I’ve never tried putting two identical cards in the same computer, at least not in Windows. Is there some trick to this? Do both use the same driver? Do I need to install another separate driver somehow for second card? Is it not possible to use two of the same card?

Solution
I am trying to install a second PCIe card for an added eSATA interface (Silicon Image 3132 SATALink controller) on an HP tower running Windows 8.1. The second card is exactly the same card as the first which is successfully installed and working. I can’t get second one to work and I realized I’ve never tried putting two identical cards in the same computer, at least not in Windows. Is there some trick to this? Do both use the same driver? Do I need to install another separate driver somehow for second card? Is it not possible to use two of the same card?
They would use the same driver -- IF the driver supports multiple cards. It may not.

kanewolf

Titan
They would use the same driver -- IF the driver supports multiple cards. It may not.

Solution