[SOLVED] Installing 6 Corsair LL120 Dual Loop RGB Fans

avtars1404

Prominent
Feb 27, 2020
Is Commander Pro required for 6 LL120 Dual Loop Fans(3 for radiator, 3 for chassis)? or Lightening Node Pro and RGB Fan Hub would be enough? Also how do I connect these 6 fans to power because all of them are PWM

Solution
I understand but if I go with SATA then there is no way to control fans' speed, right? Also, each LL120 fan draws 0.3A and the SYS FAN header has 1A output so what you suggest? first three-way splitter for chassis fans and second three-way splitter for radiator fan. Would there be any issue when the system will be on load?
I was saying if you do get a 6 way splitter, get one with sata power AND a pwm input. It would use sata power to amplify the signal, not run the fans at full speed. 0.3*3=0.9 which is less than 1, so you should be good with a couple 3 way splitters.

avtars1404

Prominent
Feb 27, 2020
Lighting node pro will work fine. For 6 fans, you could buy a couple three way splitters. You could also get a 6 way, but make sure it has sata power, since 1 motherboard header does not provide enough current for 6 fans.

I understand but if I go with SATA then there is no way to control fans' speed, right? Also, each LL120 fan draws 0.3A and the SYS FAN header has 1A output so what you suggest? first three-way splitter for chassis fans and second three-way splitter for radiator fan. Would there be any issue when the system will be on load?

I was saying if you do get a 6 way splitter, get one with sata power AND a pwm input. It would use sata power to amplify the signal, not run the fans at full speed. 0.3*3=0.9 which is less than 1, so you should be good with a couple 3 way splitters.

Solution