I have just installed a Samsung laser printer and everything is fine except that every time I start my computer I get the'recognised new hardware 'box asking me to install the printer which is already installed and working. How do I get rid of the box?

Uninstall and reinstall. XP is telling you it's not installed correctly.
www.coribright.com

"Installing printer" <Installing printer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D3113C63-6588-4E70-81D9-A031CD54BBF8@microsoft.com...
>I have just installed a Samsung laser printer and everything is fine except
>that every time I start my computer I get the'recognised new hardware 'box
>asking me to install the printer which is already installed and working.
>How do I get rid of the box?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice but the box still keeps appearing!
Sue

"Installing printer" wrote:

> I have just installed a Samsung laser printer and everything is fine except that every time I start my computer I get the'recognised new hardware 'box asking me to install the printer which is already installed and working. How do I get rid of the box?

See the KB article at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370

message news:5446EB82-B336-4EA1-8183-2AE2C25D13E9@microsoft.com...