Question Installing software breaks Windows 10

Usernameisrequired

Prominent
Jul 13, 2020
I have a laptop with freshly installed Windows 10 64-bit on an SSD. Now I tried to install a AutoCAD 10 from a CD and it works but after restarting the computer, Windows breaks. I can't click on anything except task manager when I do ctrl+alt+del without the desktop "refreshing". This even happens in safe mode. I have reinstalled Windows 3 times and this happens. I can't click on anything without it doing the loading windows spin and then restarting windows explorer. I installed it on another laptop and it works fine.

Usernameisrequired

Prominent
Jul 13, 2020
autocad 10? where the cd from?
Some store about 10 years ago. It worked on this laptop when it had Windows 7, but when I installed windows 10 on an SSD on it and installed it, it breaks windows even in safe mode when I don't run the program. It worked with windows 10 on a different laptop, but not on the laptop I need it to work on.

D

Deleted member 14196

It’s probably not compatible with your operating system anymore as you have found out and you’ll need a newer version

Usernameisrequired

Prominent
Jul 13, 2020
check service. autocad probably have anti piracy software running.
It works when you first install it, it's only after restarting the computer does it not work. Nothing under services is running the program. Nothing in task manager is running the program. I can't even interact with the PC unless I reinstall Windows.