Michael20

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
Hello,

I recently bought a new PC with the following specs:

Asus Prime H410-A
Intel® Core™ i7-10700
Windows 10 Pro x64

I don't like Windows 10 and I've been trying to install Windows 7 from a USB drive.

So far, I've done the following:
  1. Created a Win7 Pro x64 bootable USB 3.0 (from ISO using Rufus).
  2. Run EZ Installer (1.04.01) to update the USB.
  3. Booted from the USB.

Result:
  • I get the "Windows Is Loading Files" screen.
  • I get the "Windows Is Starting" screen for a few seconds and then it just freezes and I need to reset.

My main question is: can I install Windows 7 on that motherboard?
If positive, what should I change (USB, Bios settings etc.)?

Thank you. I'd appreciate your help.

Michael20

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
@Math Geek,

I've updated my BIOS version, enabled CSM and installed Windows 7 with Windows 7 Image Updater.

Thank you for that.

Any idea where I can get a driver for Intel UHD 630?
I never thought it would be so hard to find one. :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
hopefully you are using a discrete card cause they did not make win 7 driver for that igp.

it's just part of the game you get to play with using win 7on new hardware,. at least it will use the generic driver if you ever need to troubleshoot with the igp active. otherwise you won't be using it anyway so it's not really a big deal to not have the driver for it.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
good luck. do be careful though downloading "drivers" from unknown sites. there are a ton of fake driver sites out there that only deliver malware and worse!!

scan everything more than once and on a separate machine or at least a vm if possible to avoid whatever nasties you might end up with.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that depends on what you truly do with the pc. basic stuff like browsing the web and office apps would be fine o just about anything. however some programs would want more gpu power.

look close at what you do and what you might do and see what those needs would be. i'd personally not go that low end but would look around a 1050 ti type level for basic use. not fully needed but nice to have that little bit extra if i needed it. but that's just me :)

of course do look ahead and be sure you have win 7 drivers for it. there should be as they still make them for much newer cards, but always worth looking first so you are not caught of guard

Michael20

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
You'd have to use a video card with drivers for Win 7.
I tried BIOSTAR GeForce 210 but it crashed frequently. - I gave up and installed Win 10.

You might have a better luck with another video card.
Please update here if you do.

Apr 28, 2021
You'd have to use a video card with drivers for Win 7.
I tried BIOSTAR GeForce 210 but it crashed frequently. - I gave up and installed Win 10.

You might have a better luck with another video card.
Please update here if you do.

what is the software do you used to make a bootable pen drive? system mbr? gpt?

Status
Not open for further replies.