Question Integrated GPU is Blocking the dedicated GPU....tried everything.

Mar 31, 2019
Ok so specs are:
HP Pavilion 570-p026na
Willow 2 Motherboard
AMD A12-9800 cpu with Radeon r7 integrated in it.
2x DDR4 8GB sticks 1,333 GHz.
130 SSD San Disk with fresh win 10 on it.
3T HDD for ''stuff''...

Story time, the PSU the PC had was 180W, i changed it to a 500W one because i bought a nVidia GT730 4GB DDR5 graphics card. I installed that card, and nothing seemed to make it work, i kept getting no signal from the card or integrated gpu when the card was inside the motherboard. I tried unplugging and 1 minute of holding down the power button, resetting CMOS via battery removal, resetting CMOS via jumper, resetting BIOS to factory settings from within the BIOS, every single trick in the book, nothing worked (yes, i disabled and uninstalled the integrated graphics card inside the CPU). During this ''trying'' what happened was i had the card installed on the motherboard and the PC was on...the windows actually boots up, i can hear the start up sound and all, just no signal whatsoever...so after like 6 hours of intense research and painful stress, i went for a cigarette, when i came back, bingo, the screen was on, and NOT ONLY THAT, but the nVidia GT730 driver was installed aswell in the device manager...WHICH I DID NOT INSTALL...there was nothing in the Display Adapter tab, as i disabled everything, uninstalled it, etc...SO BASICALLY IT ALL updated itself and installed...still confused on how....

The problem is during booting up, i see nothing, i just wake up with windows on after like 20 seconds, all runs smooth. I cannot enter bios (can't see POST message, nothing happens if i press F10, F2, F6, F8, DEL, etc... then if i remove the card and start the PC i can see the POST, i can press ESC and it takes me to a small menu, from which i can go to BIOS, BOOT MENU, etc...) I had to reinstall windows as it was on my HDD not on my SSD and i needed to remove the HDD for a project. I had to remove the graphics card so that i could boot the instalation of windows 10 from the USB.... all well, i installed the new windows 10, PC booted up, everything works now....BUT my graphics card....so it was working yesterday, but now i basically need to find a way to instal the graphics drivers without the card inside the motherboard as it wont give any signal at all....ANY IDEEAS?????

Before posting i repeat myself...i tried the following 1> CMOS reset 2>BIOS reset 3>Disabling on board graphics 4> Uninstalling on board graphics 5> One minute of power button (unplugged) 6> Different BIOS settings (there's not much i can change in bios on this particular set up, i can provide pictures if needed)....... IF ANY OF YOU have any ideea, let me know....

Mar 31, 2019
One very big step you did not mention, was plugging your monitor into the new GPU. You did plug in the monitor into the new GPU, right?
HAHA good one and definitely a common mistske. Yes, i plugged it in via HDMI as it was usually connected. I also tried VGA, and both HDMI and VGA ports on the mb aswell when the card was in and nothing works. I believe it's some windows settings and not some bios settings at fault. My R7 cpu graphics, keep installing themselves after 5-10 minute of PC normal usage... even if i delete the driver and uninstall it...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You should never, uninstall the igpu. Ever. The things are far to hard to get drivers for that work correctly. They are totally independent of any additional drivers from nvidia and contain several basic drivers that are used by nvidia as a basis for additional support.

Mar 31, 2019
You should never, uninstall the igpu. Ever. The things are far to hard to get drivers for that work correctly. They are totally independent of any additional drivers from nvidia and contain several basic drivers that are used by nvidia as a basis for additional support.
They are not integrated. Sort of. The motherboard has no igpu, but the gpu i had without the card was the gpu the proccessor had, which was literally a Radeon R7 integrated in the CPU, thus tje reason i wanted a graphic card, to reduce the work load on the CPU as it's not that powerful to begin with. The issue i had however was, having signal whatsoever with the card in the pc, no ports worked (either from card or mb), and he windows was o, as i got bluetooth speakers and i could hear them connect to the pc only after windows started. What i have also done was, i changed the windows settings for the start up, so windows starts in Low Resolution Mode, then i installed the card, swapped the HDMI in it, and BANG, i could even see the POST message and go into bios, which i couldn't before. So at first start up, the resolution was low, and the only display driver was Microsoft Basic Display Driver, then i installed the nVidia driver for my dedicated card and BANG again, all good. Works perfectly. Now i just need a better CPU with a better cooler for my AM4 socket...and AMD Ryzen seems the only option to go for. Anyway, i am still in shock thus to why i had no signal..i still don't think it was the low resolution mode...if anyone has any ideeas, let me know, just in case i'm gonna need to reinstall it again.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Right. That R7 series is the igpu. It's what's called an integrated graphics processing unit. As in its integrated physically part of the cpu. You cannot physically remove it like a dedicated graphics card that goes in a pcie slot.

You do not need a dedicated card inside the pc to download and install its drivers. You can do that at any time. The issue was that there were no drivers for the card, but as soon as you installed it, it became the primary graphics, over-riding the igpu. So all you could get was a 640x480 vga signal since there was no drivers.
By uninstalling the igpu there's no drivers at all to power anything until windows loads it's drivers, which include the basic Microsoft vga drivers.

Pretty much you'll need some gas in the car before you can start it and drive it to the gas station and fill the tank.