Integrated to dedicated graphics card

Alex mench

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015
I didn't know anything about computers before, I just thought I did and now I want to change my integrated graphics card to dedicated. I know that integrated graphics cards are built in to the motherboard so I'm wondering if I'm stuck with it or if I can change to dedicated. I was trying to look at some other threads and I have no idea what "slot" my computer has. I also don't know what type my integrated graphic card is. It just says Radeon graphics and integrated.

Mankar Kameran

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015
Do you know what motherboard you have? You can't get rid of the integrated graphics, but you can simply disable it in device manager after you install a graphics card. If your motherboard is at least somewhat recent then you should be able to use most graphics cards.

Mankar Kameran

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015

That's okay, we're here to help. There should be two screws on the back of your case or possibly a lever to take the side off. The Motherboard model number is usually located in the middle of it or it can be on the top right corner, but you should be able to find big letters which say the model. Let us know and we can give you more information, but most likely you can just plug in almost any graphics card.

Alex mench

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015

I'm looking it now and I see ASUS A55BM-A/M32BF/DP_MP. It stood out so I'm guessing that's it but I'm not sure.

Yes that is your motherboard, it can't be very old as it's a FM2+ socket. Well the good news is you have a PCIe x16 slot, so you will be able to put in any modern graphics card.
Ok, if you want to have better graphics there are a few things we need to know. First how much do you want to spend? The next question is, what CPU do you have?
Also what type of performance do you want, are there any games in particular that you want to run? And one last question, do you know the size and make of your power supply unit? You may need to take the side off your computer again to have a look.

Alex mench

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015

I have the ASUS m32 series. The highest quality game Ill be running will be tom clancys rainbow six siege. My computer has 1tb of memory and 16gigs of ram. It says amd a10 so do I need a specific card from the amd series or not? Price shouldnt be to much of a problem I'd prefer less then 150 but anything above I might consider. Also for tom clancys I'd like above 1500 megabites of video ram. I'm not to keen on this area so im not sure if it just goes from 1024 megabytes to 2048 but Im pretty sure my computer can handle 2048.