INTEGRATION A TV OUTPUT INTO A W2K W/S

I need to take a LCD TV output (analogue) and feed it into my Win2K
Computer. Next I want to use my DVD drive to record some financial
information for further peruse.

I no not know where to begin. I checked on buy.com and found that they offer
"converters" like these ones:

Transition Ethernet Media Converter - Transceiver - 10Base-T, 10Base-2
(coax) -

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10076859&loc=101&hdwt=31001&sp=3
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10310450&loc=101&hdwt=31302&sp=2
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10311498&loc=101&hdwt=30704&sp=2
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10313096&loc=101&hdwt=31001&sp=3

They all talk about Computer-TV conversion not TV-Computer one and it makes
confused. They presume a prior knowledge of everything and it is not my
case.

Are those converters used to convert a TV into a computer monitor, "a lousy
desktop?"

Please help.