Intel’s Z77 Express And Lucidlogix MVP: New Features For Gamers

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My Sabertooth Z77 MB manual says this: "We do not recommended to use LucidLogix Virtu MVP under RAID mode."

WTF does this mean?!

rmzalbar

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
MVP is not a "feature" of Z77. It is a feature of Lucid's licensing scheme.

The tech is compatible with all sandy bridge chipsets and provides similar boosts across the entire family, but the reason it's not available outside Z77 is due to a tiered marketing scheme, not any technical reason.

They want you to take your brand new (for example) Z68 sandy bridge product, dump it in a landfill, and then run out and buy a Z77, when a simple software purchase would have otherwise sufficed.

Media representatives should consider pointing these things out, rather than following ad copy.

Thor

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004
I'm surprise that Tom's Hardware don't verify what they write.
Check this article:
http://www.hardware.fr/articles/858-1/lucidlogix-virtu-mvp-pratique.html

and you will see that, concerning 3D video game, LucidLogix CHEAT.

A real SHAME.

I remember in past where ATI and NVidia do the same and cheat to boast their benchmark.
Or when some dishonest companies sell suppose "boaster RAM software" which do nothing.

If you like liar and usefulness stuff well install this c**p!
Else, if you have a brain and after read the article, you will know what to do!

Cyberat_88

Distinguished

Ever play RTS games ? With armies piling up on 4 players, your fps drops from 120 to 15 or lower, you can never have enough fps yet.

Other than SC2, what RTS is stressing on any system? Cuz I know of none.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Some of the oldies but goodies - CnC Generals Zero Hour (CnC4), SW EAW, WH40K 1 & 2.
That's just to name a few & the reason I will never buy nVidia (lowered expectations ;-)).

I would prefer not to comment on your shunning of Nvidia, but those "oldies" are not applicable anymore, not for an age now, while I love those games, it just does not apply anymore.

FOr my age? LOL age has nothing to do with it. And no my FPS is not even near as effected as you state in newer RTS's, much less in older titles.
RTS's that I still play include AOE3, C&C Tiberium Wars 3, that sort of thing. And even in 8V8 massive fights barely effect FPS anymore. Like I said, modern systems just don't find RTS's demanding anymore.

Well DUH, P4? Single core, outdated CPU? Hellooooo... OK I will just shhh now...

Status
Not open for further replies.