[SOLVED] Intel 10700k No onboard HD graphics

linolium

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
So this is gonna sound like a stupid question, but google has not produced anything.

I bought an MSI Intel MEG Z490 LGA 1200 motherboard. I've never before used an intel motherboard that doesn't have Video out on it.

Now I have a graphics card installed and the PC works as intended, but the Intel HD graphics aren't detected nor accept driver install.
While I didn't intend to use it, is it because the motherboard doesn't have output that the onboard graphics aren't even activated?

I've seen patches allow onboard video outs to use gpu processing capabilities, but is there a way to do the other way around? Allowing the gpu to use the intel HD graphics as a backup?

Solution
Hmm, doesn't seem to have video outputs. So might just be disabled. Though there are features of Intel graphics you could use without the display output.

Check the BIOS to see if the graphics are simply disabled by default.

I don't know of a great way to get Intel graphics to work through a GPU. It has been done the other way to use a GPUs output through the motherboard display, in the case of headless GPUs like those silly mining cards. In that case they are treated more like how a laptop with dual display adapters work.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, doesn't seem to have video outputs. So might just be disabled. Though there are features of Intel graphics you could use without the display output.

Check the BIOS to see if the graphics are simply disabled by default.

I don't know of a great way to get Intel graphics to work through a GPU. It has been done the other way to use a GPUs output through the motherboard display, in the case of headless GPUs like those silly mining cards. In that case they are treated more like how a laptop with dual display adapters work.

Solution
Windows 10 graphics settings allows you to select an executable and tell it which GPU to use no matter what display you are connected to.

Yeah the iGPU needs to be connected, with older windows you could virtually connect the gpu even when it wasn't physically connected but with win10 you would need a 3rd party tool if that exists.

TRENDING THREADS