Question intel 14700K high temperature help!

Aug 18, 2024
Hi guys,

I recently build a pc my specs are:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Product Name: PRO Z790-P WIFI
OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Ver.2009 (OS build 22631.4037)
BIOS Version: A.E1
BIOS Release Date: 08/15/2024
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-14700K
Memory: 32 GB @
- 16 GB DDR5-4800, Kingston KF560C40-16
- 16 GB DDR5-4800, Kingston KF560C40-16
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT
Graphics: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770
Drive: SSD, SSD 1TB, 931.51 GB
Network: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz
Network: Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V
Power Plan: GUID: 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e (Balanced)

So I have an AIO pump installed which is SNOWMAN AIO 240 (two 120mm fans)

I have one exhaust DC fan and 3 front intake pmw fans.

My idle CPU running temperature is 48-50 °C where as just doing small zip file extraction makes the temp go 85-90°C and gaming is gone to 99-100°C

I freshly bought this pre-built PC just a week ago and there is no dust or derbis that is blocking any fan / air circulation.

I also have the latest BIOS UPDATE installed with MICRO code 129 that recently got on MSI website 3 days ago.

I have attached screenshots for temperature and fan RPMs.
1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YLyXfMqq0OWo6lWCQAFaPH6sQZjT8YIU/view?usp=sharing
2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19sFC0XqEstcfc_0JHiTi6LFVDslPSJ-a/view?usp=sharing

Sephveritas

Honorable
Apr 8, 2019
it could possibly be your AIO why do i say that I am running the asus ryuijin 3 360 AIO and when i'm heavily doing things i get up to the 65c now when i do any cpu benchmark doesn't matter what it is it'll crash ASAP. cuz of overheating so I was thinking maybe my AIO isn't big enough for the 14900kf i have but seen you tube and they had the same and it didn't crash. I've also found leaving my front glass off helps aswell, but deep down i think there is something i need to do aswell, but try taking the front glass door off or door and see if that helps. I have the helios case with a strix 4090 oc z790 hero board with 5 samsang pro990 2 tb m.2 with two of them in the enclosure that came with my board and have it plugged into the PCEI on the motherboard, but none of that shoulkd matter cuz only benchmarks on the cpu make it crash no games crash or any video editing software. I'm going total water cooling and I'll know forsure then and I'll let you know how that worked out if it was the Aio or not

Reactions: khayargoli

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
If its a prebuild you can just ask the store to check it and see why. There was a review of a prebuilt where they had high temperatures and when they checked it, they found that whoever made the build forgot to take off the plastic cover from the cooler, so there was a plastic film between the CPU and the cooler preventing the transfer of heat.

Reactions: khayargoli
Aug 18, 2024
yeah freaking noob technicians from the damn store had the plastic not taken off from the cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I had been running this machine playing high end games on 100 degrees for about 10 days already now.

Does this have significantly reduced my processor's lifespan ?
what wowed me was there was no lag, throttle at all these days!

Aug 18, 2024
If its a prebuild you can just ask the store to check it and see why. There was a review of a prebuilt where they had high temperatures and when they checked it, they found that whoever made the build forgot to take off the plastic cover from the cooler, so there was a plastic film between the CPU and the cooler preventing the transfer of heat.
Thank you very much. closing this.

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
yeah freaking noob technicians from the damn store had the plastic not taken off from the cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I had been running this machine playing high end games on 100 degrees for about 10 days already now.

Does this have significantly reduced my processor's lifespan ?
what wowed me was there was no lag, throttle at all these days!
There probably was throttle but depending on the game it probably didn't have much impact in performance and you didn't notice it. 10 days is not that much time to cause long term problems. Now if it was running like that for months, it would severely impact the lifespan of the CPU.