Intel 965 express chipset get the following message "Windows has stopped this device becaus

polly22066

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I have windows 10 and my screen suddenly went blank and when it came back on all the type was fuzzy and not as clear as previously. When I go onto google the type seems bigger, fuzzy and elongated. I tried to alter the resolution but cannot get back to the 1440 x900 that was on my computer. I looked at the Intel 965 express chipset ( as someone told me to do) and get the following message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Could this be the problem. I checked for updates and got the message that I have the up to date driver.

polly22066

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011

Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

What do you mean by listing information

Hello... Device folder "Display adapter" "Monitor" "System devices" for example.
1) Right click it and see if you can Search or Browse for a driver for it... To shut off the Yellow warning.
OR
2) Try to load a previous known good "Restore Point" IF this happened after loading some Software or APP.

polly22066

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Hi the display adaptor and monitor both have up to date drivers.
There a lots of devices in the system devices folder. There is no restore point
Sorry but I really am a novice at this.

polly22066

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Hi

Many thanks for all your help. I uninstalled the driver then went into device manager and right clicked in the computer name and asked it to scan for hardware changes. It then re-installed it . I restarted my computer and all is well again.