Intel Accelerates Core i7

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]It's nice to see though that Intel is continually moving forward (be it new versions of the chips, or their upcoming integrated CPU/GPU chip), while AMD unfortunately is still trying to figure out how to make a Quad Core CPU that's worth any money.Nothing against AMD on a personal level, but they are just plain behind Intel right now.[/citation]

lol you do realize that the phenom 2 actually beats the i7 in gaming benchmarks right? moreover the price is much more competitive than anything intel has to offer. Don't be such a fan boy and do some actual research

[citation][nom]rooseveltdon[/nom]lol you do realize that the phenom 2 actually beats the i7 in gaming benchmarks right? moreover the price is much more competitive than anything intel has to offer. Don't be such a fan boy and do some actual research[/citation]

I'm no fan boy. I've owned ONE Intel CPU. And I've owned several AMD CPUs over the years. I used to be an AMD fan, but I haven't been impressed with them the last year or so.

My last few CPUs for example: Athlon T-Bird 1.4Ghz, 2 x Athlon 3500+, and an Athlon X2 4400+ (this one is in my wife's system now that I have my Q6600).

I'd be interested to see the benchmarks you mention, because I haven't seen anything to support that yet myself. If you're right, then I'd say it's about time for AMD. :)

philosofool

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Let me get this straight...They make marginal clock speed increases, that could be achieved through Overclocking, and they expect this to be worth our time, much less, even more of our money?I better be seeing some price cuts.[/citation]
Dude, 1% of all computer users overclock. This product is not targeted at you.

68vistacruiser

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
My 920, biostar motherboard and 6 gig of Gskill is running Vista64 rock solid right now. Not a single crash yet! No need to wait for 3% speed improvement when 32nm comes out. BTW, XFX 260 black edition is one of the best buys out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS